Fiesta MK7 Rear Speakers

inthegroove

CarAudio.com Newbie
Kent
Hi All,

New here.

I recently purchased an after market android head unit to replace the god awful standard radio in the fiesta.

Once installed i noticed that the rear speakers had no output whatsoever and after a ridiculous amount of time i realised it was because there were none installed in this model!

I have purchased a set of speakers for the doors that seem to be the correct fit, however i presumed the cables would be in the door already!?

On further reading it seems like the cables are "in the door pillar" i'm not sure if this is accurate as i havent removed the panel yet, can anyone confirm if the cables are in the door or the pillar?

If they are in the pillar in what format are they? terminated into a plug or just bare wires?

Any help appreciated.

Also has anyone added a DAB box to the android units, is it worth it?

Cheers

Bra you’re gonna have to crack it open to see. Some models/manufacturers have only one wiring harness while others have several.
Maybe bc it has no speakers it has no wire. It’s possible a previous owner blew and removed them. You tube often has pertinent videos on removing interior components to get at those speaker holes.

Bra you’re gonna have to crack it open to see. Some models/manufacturers have only one wiring harness while others have several.
Maybe bc it has no speakers it has no wire. It’s possible a previous owner blew and removed them. You tube often has pertinent videos on removing interior components to get at those speaker holes.
Thanks mate, wont be a previous owner as we had it from 2 years old. It seems like there are so many different variations of Fiesta its impossible to find out for sure.

thanks anyway

My daughters Cruze has an available premium audio system but hers does not. In the premium system they use speakers on the back deck rather than the rear doors and have a center mounted front channel. It’d be expensive to have wires going everywhere for different setups.
In my humble opinion you can easily run wires to the locations where the speakers would be and install them. If you have the ability to search Crutchfield , they have a tool on their website which can determine what speakers fit a vehicle. This may be helpful in determining if you can add some to the rear. Anything is possible.

Upon checking a 2015 sedan and 2018 hatchback these share the same format of speakers.
.75” upper door. 6.5- 6.75” in lower door and rear.
Dig in.

A friend of mine bought a Ford truck that had been owned by a Mennonite. The truck was ordered as plain as possible including not having a radio at all. Just a plastic plate where the radio would be. When we went to install the radio, the wiring harness for it was in the dash and the speaker wires were in the doors.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...