Fiberglass tweeter pod build

tylork92
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Originally was gonna mount the tweets to the door but didnt want to mess em up so i got bored today and made some tweeter pods for my A-pillar.....gonna compliment my door pod build seen here: http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=411386

Used a angled piece of PVC pip as the mounting part and fleece as material to resin

0730090832.jpg

Bondoed and Sanded( the resin the mounting parts dont look perfectly round is hotglue squeezed out when i was stretching the fleece..that will be melted away):

0806091114.jpg

and here they hare with Bondo spot filler...these will be sanded and primed later on today.

0806091214.jpg

you doing all this for RSD's? ****

maybe i need to listen to these things, i just have my doubts about something so cheap being as good as people talk about on here

did you finish the woofer pods?

looking good so far, painting them same color as the woofer pods?

In my ranger there rally not that high...especially since i dont have stock seats....and yea gonna paint em the same color as my door pods...and there ALMOST finished...i spot puttied the last one up yesterday when i did the a-pillars so hopefully gonna get it sanded today and primed....as far as paint goes im not sure wat color impainting any of it...i think flat black...may leave them primer and get em painted to amtch watever color i decide to paint my truck here in the next few months.

Those do look a bit outta place, But with after market seats its hard for any of us to tell.

Did you play around with tweeter placment before glassing?

Spot filler isn't supposed to be used to cover the whole thing. It's for spots.

You got a **** ton more sanding if you're going to paint it.
i used a thin layer over EVERYTHING because the sander i was using left marks over it all...this way everything is smooth and uniform and i kno i got all the spots filled.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.