Fiberglass Subwoofer Box

Why would you need more then 1/2"? plexi is less likely to flex than wood from what i have seen.
With no internal bracing, the span between walls will probably be quite large. Any decent wood box uses 3/4" material, AND internal bracing.

I dont even like using 1/2" plexi for a window, but Im anal plus 3/4" is generally easier to integrate.

I've used 1/4 inch over the front of a bandpass box and it still flexed. I'd say half inch would be risky. Play it safe and spend a little more and buy 3/4. Of course if it were me I'd build the back of the box with 3/4 mdf then put a piece if 3/4 plexiglas over the front. Ucould easy mount LEDs or whatevs inside and it'd look pretty sweet.

Maybe your thinking of acrylic? I Play some drums that are made of 1/2" thick orange acrylic. It gives it a loud dry sound. kinda curious myself how it would sound.

Maybe your thinking of acrylic? I Play some drums that are made of 1/2" thick orange acrylic. It gives it a loud dry sound. kinda curious myself how it would sound.
plexi glass is stronger than acrylic.

what set do you have? i always wanted one, but everyone tells me if you over tighten it in the least bit you are super fu cked.

plexi glass is stronger than acrylic.
what set do you have? i always wanted one, but everyone tells me if you over tighten it in the least bit you are super fu cked.
Depends. One of the first snares i bought was a 13x7 pork pie little squealer or somthing. it was dank. i even vented it with a drill and 1-2" hole cuttouts. na you can tighten the **** out of it or w/e, not going to hurt it. as far as other custom drums, there are a few mainstream co's that make whole kits, but i would never go with any. mayyyybe a dw. but id go custom. epiarch, shine, or some other semi decently priced smaller companies. unless your rich as ****, go with ocdp (orange country drums and percussion) get some sick drums, like 24x 22" bass drums, with cheetah fur. pimp. lol but as far as acrylic drums im talking about, travis barker has a few different kits that were sick.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.