Fiberglass ?'s

I use matte, since the random direction and thickness over cloth seems to work better for strength, however this is just the home depot stuff.

Cloth does finish better, so I like to use it for the last layer.

How do you know if you should be using chop mat or cloth?? Is one for curves and one for flat?? Does one have more structual properties than the other???

Mat = quicker build up as mat is usually sold in heavier weights than cloth. Cloth tends to conform better to the tighter curves. If you plan on building enclosures with it. I would look into some of the heavier biaxial mats ( biaxial mats are heavy arse roving with lighter weight mat stitched to it ) it's more expensive per yard. But you actually end up saving money in the end because you use less. There used to be a picture I made floating around on this forum of a car parked on top of an enclosure I made with 4 layers of of 20oz kyntex biaxial mat. The chit is strong . Also if your laying mat on the outside of your enclosure , a layer of cloth for the final layer tends to make finishing a little easier. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.