Fiberglass Materials - What you need, and what you must know! - VIDEO

Participant count
  • Participant list

mklett33
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
MI
Hey all,

Ever wondered, what weight chop mat should I use? What resin do I need? How much hardener (MEKP) do I need to add to the resin? What is it is hot? What if it is cold? Whats the best way to use fiberglass and add strength to something?

Wonder no longer my friends...

As i gear up for my door pod build I have been amassing some more fiberglass fabrication products. These products are typical of what you would see in any car audio install that involves fiberglass show I wanted to share them with you, along with an explanation of each and some answers to questions I see repeatedly online! Enjoy!

Also, here is a wonderful table that allows you to better understand how much MEKP to add to your mix.

Resin+Chart.jpg

Sooooooo.... Any way to get an actual section on this forum that is more dedicated to fiberglass, fabrication, door pods, kick pods and the like. This section has "fiberglass and other fabrication questions here" in the section description, but all it really is is an area to ask about box designs.

Just trying to better the forum, and it would give me somewhere to put these tutorials that they don't get drowned out.

Sooooooo.... Any way to get an actual section on this forum that is more dedicated to fiberglass, fabrication, door pods, kick pods and the like. This section has "fiberglass and other fabrication questions here" in the section description, but all it really is is an area to ask about box designs.
Just trying to better the forum, and it would give me somewhere to put these tutorials that they don't get drowned out.
I'm sure if you bring that up to "Goob" he may do something about that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.