fiberglass kickpanel log ** Pics **

skeptikal
Premium Member

Hold the wheel and drive
Indiana, US
went shoppin at walmart and decided to snatch up a few things.

materials9jd.jpg

Fiberglassin some kickpanels for the JL XR components. More pics later on

cool.

im fiberglassing a pair of tens today. ill ahve pictures soon //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Are those plastic cups?!?! NO!! Go back and pick up some UNWAXED PAPER cups. Once mixed the catalyst will melt those plastic cups!

Oh, and good luck! I'm building my second set of kicks as I type. (waiting for resin to cure)

Are those plastic cups?!?! NO!! Go back and pick up some UNWAXED PAPER cups. Once mixed the catalyst will melt those plastic cups!
Oh, and good luck! I'm building my second set of kicks as I type. (waiting for resin to cure)
Hmmm, not the plastic cups i used when i was doin some glass stuff, double or tripple them up and youll be fine.

i just read all these posts lol.

yes the cups did melt so i ended up using some of moms Gladware tupperware ;P. And yeah i realized i needed bondo spreaders right when i got home, but i havent bondo'ed anything so i'll run and pick a few up tomorrow. I got the molds all done just waiting for the right side to dry, got pix of everything so those will be up shortly.

Picked up the LT960/4 today and ordered the Atlas today from InhumanAcura (TYVM!) squeak is gonna come down and help me setup the soundstage since i have no idea how to do it. Pix in a couple hours!

10008201ps.jpg

10008210qf.jpg

10008262gc.jpg

10008271uu.jpg

more pix tomorrow as i'll be working on more

--edit--

oh yeah on the last 2 pictures the mold is already dry i just didnt take it off the carpet.... PAM cooking spray works great!

tape farther out next time? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.