Fiberglass box for Saab 9000

enorfrog
10+ year member

military
Greetings,

I have no experience with fiberglass but am thinking I should use a fiberglass woofer enclosure for my Saab 9000.

Is there anyone out there that might be able to build one (to fit a 12" in the rear quarterpanel....photos can be provided)???

you need a mold for someone to build it. but then it might not fit after they do.

Either build it yourself, or get someone to do it for you(needs car).

Just ship me your car and I'll be more than happy to make one for ya //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif j/k he's right you really need the vehicle itself. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

you pay shipping to and from....heck, you can keep it for a month to drive around and you got a deal!

well, it looks like I am going to be forced to do this myself and I have seen pictures from beginners...which is what scares the poop out of me. I have not found any shops in this area that do any kind of fiberglass work. they only offer the premade boxes. Their installs are pretty good when it comes to connections and quality of components, but they seem to lack in the cosmetic area. Of course there are some serious installs somehwere but i have yet to find any place. IMO, the theft rate here keeps most from installing really nice systems.

So...as a beginner, what is the best way to make a mold and get started?

Check out the fiberglass how too thread at the top of this page. Tons of good info in there. And if you still have questions, ask away. One of these guys around here is pretty good with glass //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif . I'm sure they will be able to help ya //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Whatever you do, don't have a shop do it. Shops that do fiberglass work are rare, and the ones that do will rape you on labor....expect to pay easily $40+ an hour for it. Check the links in the stickys at the top of the forum and come back with any questions you may have. It's really easy once you get the hang of it.

i may try to glass some kicks later when i get a few more bucks....who knows......it seems easy if u can be patient. another thing is how do u know how much room to leave behind the motor in the install, is it just make it as small as possible and just shove the thing in there or what? ive never heard about spevific air space on comps and stuff.

It's not a big deal, the ones I've made I've tried to make as small as possible to take up the last amount of room. Just make sure when test-fitting the mounting baffles that there is a gap (1" or so) between the magnet and the mold.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.