FI Q's: Mixing BP Option with no BP Option

I know, im curious also. Im guessing if you power it to spec it will sound the same. The require similar enclosures basically have the same specs/dimensions etc..The difference may be when you put more power than its rated at then the BP option sub will get louder.

Alright staying on topic ftw

this thread went a little off topic //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
a little??..... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/swordfight.gif.e3de6069f3ffe402fc3ab4a827365101.gif

i wasnt trying to clutter up your thread my apologies and no i wasnt going to say try the search button because thats stupid to say maybe you already did i wasnt trying to knock you on that.
That was aimed at T-Money, not you, but thanks for the apology.

Bump.

That was aimed at T-Money, not you, but thanks for the apology.
Bump.
haha O.

well for your question i belive all the BP option is, is for it to handle more so say if you gave them both 1000wrms the one with the BP option might flex more then the one without it so it might make it sound off but you can always try and if it doesnt work wall socket the sub and send it to FI and have it reconed with the power option.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/handclap.gif.0c301076f534e244f0460706894f19e0.gif
Oh, thank you so much for enlightening me! I never knew they had a website.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/handclap.gif.0c301076f534e244f0460706894f19e0.gif

I've emailed FI on three occassions, and never received replies, therefore, I do not email them anymore.

Not that I really need to explain myself to you, this being a public forum, I will ask whatever questions I feel like asking.

Want to throw up a post telling me to use the Search button next? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Please, find something more productive to do than cluttering up my thread.
so it makes sense to ask to guys here instead of still trying to get a hold of the guys who make the speakers, they have their own forum too. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Please, find a more intelligent thread to post instead of cluttering up this forum.

haha O.
well for your question i belive all the BP option is, is for it to handle more so say if you gave them both 1000wrms the one with the BP option might flex more then the one without it so it might make it sound off but you can always try and if it doesnt work wall socket the sub and send it to FI and have it reconed with the power option.
That was probably the dumbest thing in this thread so far.

Two pages and no answer to his question yet!

And I don't know an answer.

I would think that if you ran 1000 watts, it wouldn't make a difference though, not audibly.

But I have no experience with it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

That was probably the dumbest thing in this thread so far.
how is that the dumbest thing in this thread?

i belive this would be the dumbest thing in here.

coming from a guy putting a system like that in a 76 nova, i can see why you don't see sarcasm.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

I wouldnt mix the two, I had one 12 with BP and one without. The paramaters on the two are a little different. I tried both in the same box with same power and the one with the BP had a little more low end extension, but I could have just been high

the bp power ones have a different spider package, and will also see a different imp rise due to the change in cooling.

Now if the sub is newer and was purposely ordered without the bp option(but while it was available) they should have the same suspension. I would imagine it would be fine, as long as your not pushing them hard.

so it makes sense to ask to guys here instead of still trying to get a hold of the guys who make the speakers, they have their own forum too. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif
Please, find a more intelligent thread to post instead of cluttering up this forum.
Oh yes, let me travel over to SSA when there are plenty of knowledgeable people here.

This is not information I need immediately, I was simply curious, therefore I don't need to seek out the guys who make the speakers.

As I mentioned before, I don't need to explain myself to you. I don't need your permission to ask questions in this forum.

As you can see from posts in this thread, a few others have wondered the same. Therefore, getting an answer will be beneficial to more than one member, while your posts are beneficial to no one.

Please, find a better pastime than upping your post count by making childish comments in other people's threads.

I wouldnt mix the two, I had one 12 with BP and one without. The paramaters on the two are a little different. I tried both in the same box with same power and the one with the BP had a little more low end extension, but I could have just been high
I notice more low end extension while high too. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

the bp power ones have a different spider package, and will also see a different imp rise due to the change in cooling.
Now if the sub is newer and was purposely ordered without the bp option(but while it was available) they should have the same suspension. I would imagine it would be fine, as long as your not pushing them hard.
So assuming they're both newer, you don't think around 700 rms apiece would exploit the difference in impedance rise?

Thanks for the responses.

haha O.
WOW!!!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.