Is this crap or ok?

looking to add some bass for under $400 to my classic car, doesn't need to be earth shattering. Can I do better than this for a pre-made box, sub, amp wiring? Don't want to build a box, I must be getting old lol
chrome_screenshot_1682896059349.png

Ok so here's the thing, the dude that own's Skar screwed some people over back in the day who are respected on this forum, so your not going to get any love for that setup. I wasn't here at the time so I can only speculate. That being said that kit will hit pretty hard and is a pretty dang good deal. Me personally I wouldn't run it because of what these cats here have said. I would do an American Bass XD1222 dual 2 ohm sub, a BBox from amazon and a 1k rms amp from amazon. Will be close to the same.

Ok so here's the thing, the dude that own's Skar screwed some people over back in the day who are respected on this forum, so your not going to get any love for that setup. I wasn't here at the time so I can only speculate. That being said that kit will hit pretty hard and is a pretty dang good deal. Me personally I wouldn't run it because of what these cats here have said. I would do an American Bass XD1222 dual 2 ohm sub, a BBox from amazon and a 1k rms amp from amazon. Will be close to the same.
What amp would you suggest, I've not bought an amp in 15 years

These sound pretty damn good...I bought a set (after after reading some really good things) to run while I figured out what subs I'd finally go with...I was very impressed with mine...my box was about .5cft too small but they were clean sounding and got loud...honestly if I didn't have my heart set on 15's, I'd still be running them...I sold them to my buddy, he's got them on a 1500w nvx, and he's loving them too 😂

These sound pretty damn good...I bought a set (after after reading some really good things) to run while I figured out what subs I'd finally go with...I was very impressed with mine...my box was about .5cft too small but they were clean sounding and got loud...honestly if I didn't have my heart set on 15's, I'd still be running them...I sold them to my buddy, he's got them on a 1500w nvx, and he's loving them too 😂

I forgot all about these, man these things pound. Buddy at work has this setup with an old punch 500 and it sounds good.

Well I did some measuring and looks like I'm limited to 8s due to the size of the compartment and I will probably have to build a box. So now I'm thinking triple 8s sealed, any suggestions?

If you have a little patience and can use a drill and caulk gun.. the GP Audio Glue a screw sub kits tuned are fantastic for the money. Example of what I would run myself.

Might even take a look at the CT Sounds Tropo 10' that will snott all over that Skar sub in the proper enclosure

Ozone series would be a nice contender as well

An Amaercan Bass elite would be ideal but will put you too far out of budget I feel like.

you could get the CT sounds 1k also to save a little

I put one of these in my nephews Tahoe on the CT sounds 1500 and used the GP Audio 4 ga kit and is does really nice filling filling the cabin. I believe it is tuned to like 35or 36 HTZ. Works really nice

Only thing to look out for on those Skar enclosures is the port. Since the back of the enclosure is angled the port isn't the same width top and bottom on the back portion of the port whereas the rest is ok

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Dmopar74

Dmopar74
Kennewick wa
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date