FI BTL decreased output

What source is the music coming from & have you tried others, ie cd, mp3, whatev. Are you sure the music wasn't just recorded "low"?

i have tried to sit down and figure it out, hence the comment i turned up my lpf. there's not much else to my knowledge to check as far as settings go. and yes i know just because my box is tuned to 32 hz doesn't mean i am tuned to 32hz. there's still the vehicles tuning to deal with.
if you don't like a differing opinion on the thread i started, then get off the thread. its that simple, im sorry if im offending your self induced car audio knowledge ego. and if people here have problems with my asking questions, then dont answer them, don't sit there and ***** like a little girl about me asking questions. if you don't wanna help me figure it out, then carry on. don't answer. if i did EVERYTHING the people here said when i had a problem, i would have probably fried my whole system and caught my car on fire by now
oh I'm not bitching. I'm laughing at you for asking opinions and then arguing. Recommended enclosure specs are just that. It's recommended for safe usage of the driver with acceptable output. You're unhappy with the output and you're at the largest extreme size-wise. It makes sense to tone it down and tune a few hz higher. It will make you much happier. I have entered 5 competitions and have 5 first place trophies. I won both comps I entered at SBN and I have a musical street box. If you don't want to believe me fine, but I doubt anyone else knows any better.

If you don't want to believe me fine, but I doubt anyone else knows any better.
alright, well im lmfao as your boasting yourself as the most knowledgeable person on this forum. anyway BS aside, box is tuned to 35.5 hz, not accounting for vehicle tuning.

also i am happy with my test tones, its just my regular music, also if you think my tuning is too low, what do you recommend as a good frequency.

If I was running another BTL, Id go for around 7 cubes @ 25-26hz. But thats just me.

Id get an EQ or Line Driver to help boost the preout voltage. I know you said you set your gain with a DMM. What AC voltage is your amp putting out?

What source is the music coming from & have you tried others, ie cd, mp3, whatev. Are you sure the music wasn't just recorded "low"?
i have ran music from different cd,s and my mp3player/phone and radio. same all the way around.

i set it @ abot 44 volts ac @ 50hz tone. as far as pre amp voltage, i may just buy a radio with better preamp voltage. and the box is actually 7.7cubes tuned to 35. it hits super low, it seems as if the bass volume on normal music just doesn't pack the punch my tones/bass tests are.

8 cubes is not too much //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Box should be loud as hell. Sounds like a signal issue of some sort.

i will try and see whats up with my signal. but the signal was fine on my zx1000.1 and fi q 15. i guess i can get a line driver to help. check rcas are working properly

Do you still have your old amp? My guess is, the kicker amp made more power then your planet audio amp. I would definitely test this if you could.

Also, I had a 18" BL in an 8cube 33hz tuned enclosure, and it was sick. Metered a 143dB at headrest with a saz1500d in a jeep wrangler...

I have two BL's in 14.6 cubes at ~27 hz. I'm probably high 140's at around 30 hz. I might me be louder, idk. If my roof didn't flex about 4 inches.

In 8 cubes, that thing should rock.

I had a type r that was extremely quiet one time and it turned out being the amp. I sent it in and they sent me a new one and it worked great. I'd start by checking RCAs and then voltage

Do you still have your old amp? My guess is, the kicker amp made more power then your planet audio amp. I would definitely test this if you could.
Also, I had a 18" BL in an 8cube 33hz tuned enclosure, and it was sick. Metered a 143dB at headrest with a saz1500d in a jeep wrangler...
actually this amp is known for being overrated, but it puts out the 2000 rms people say it does. the kicker put out about 1200 rms. overall my system hits WAY harder than with the kicker zx10001. and based on the voltages i set my gain to, the amp is doing 2000 watts,

anyway, i have whats called SLA i think(on my radio). it adjusts the volume for different sources ie:cd mps player. i turned it up, and its hitting REALLY good now. i think the difference between music and test tones was a problem. loud enough i shook a water bottle in someone elses car in traffic. LOL

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.