New Rockford T1.....Help please

des343
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
hi i have 2 brand new rockford T1's

they are 12s and thing is that i dont even know if these are dual coil subs there is only one + and in - on there...

also they are either 1 or 4 ohm load each how can i wire them so that my mono amp will see a 1 ohm load

The T1s are DVC subs. Look on the terminal, it should tell you if it's DVC 2 or 4. It will either say T1D412 if it's DVC 4 or T1D212 if it's DVC 2. If your subs are DVC 4, then connect the positives from one voice coil to the positives of the other voice coil, then run a wire to the positive of your amp. Do the same with the negative wires then repeat for the other sub. Should look like this

2_4ohm_dvc_1ohm.gif

If your subs are DVC2 then you can't wire them to 1 ohm.

ugh, rockford subs //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif put a dmm to them and check what the load is, and i didnt think rockford made t1s svc, either way they can **** mah bawls

Well all i know is that there is only ONE terminal even their website with sub specific diagrams do not help.

They say they are dual coil subs but the sub itself has only ONE positive and ONE negative not like your typical dual coil.

Each sub has a built in fuse this fuse is also how you set the subs ohm load the fuse can be taken out and simply rotated to change (in my case) between 1 ohm or 4 ohm for the sub

If you have the jumper or fused insert piece , then if you look where the jumper goes you will see an arrow pointing down , put the jumper ( or fused insert ) right under the arrow for 1 or 4ohm which ever you require, one way puts it in series ( 4ohm ) the other parralel ( 1ohm ), whichever one the arrow is pointing @ is what you have.

I paid $12 for my DMM at Wal mart. And I think you need to take off the middle piece where the terminals are so it looks like this

t1d412.jpg

Also you say the subs are brand new, where did you get them? And it tells you on the terminals what subs you have. Look in the picture I posted, if it says D4 in the middle then it's DVC 4, if it says D2 then it's DVC 2

Wait are you suggesting to remove the fuse all together?

But i got it working and i have to say these things sound GREAT i have to admit i need a bigger box and to rewire it these hit SO hard and i only have them at half power. But i have a second amp to pair it with

the set up here is as follows..

0 gage wire ran to a second battery (just big truck battery)

4 gage for each amp both are Audiopipe 1500d mono amps

2 12 inch rockford t1 2010 model

But i was wondering should i connect my amps and run my speakers with the amps bridged at 2 ohms or run one amp each sub at 1 ohms? what would be most efficient

thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.