FI BTL decreased output

grandam888
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I have a FI BTL 18 fully loaded dual 2 running @ 1 ohm on a bb2400.1 planet audio. Does about 2000-2100 rms.

Problem is it hits likes a wuss on music barely really hits. But playing test tones hits really well.

IV tried adjusting the low pass crossover. Gains are set with dmm. No bass boost or bass remote.

I upgraded from a zx1000.1 and an FI Q 15. The old system hit harder on music.also box is 8cuft tuned at 32hz

8 cubes is way too big. Also music is recorded at -3db - -6db.
Possibly way too much port area.
actually box is built per FI specs, and no i WILL NOT turn my gains up, they are already set with a DMM.

from FICARAUDIO.COM_____BTL 18 – Ported box we recommend using 5-8 cubic feet @ 30-35Hz tuning, you can tune a little higher if you wish but we recommend keeping it close to 32hz for a daily driver. Again the same 12-16 square inches of area applies per cubic foot of volume.

my port volume is within specs also.

yeah from the research ive done, seems my box size is pretty common with btl 18's. most people run an 8cuft box, with 16 in of port area per cuft. so its not my box.

8 cubes should work great. It has to be amp settings or radio settings.

Whats your SSF and LPFs set to? What kind of RCA voltage are you getting at your amp?

i argue because i think your wrong. not every user on caraudio.com knows everything. the btl can run fine @ current box specs.

anyway, my lpf is set pretty high, my first thought was the lpf. secondly radio rca voltage is 2volts, and ssf is set to lowest setting which is around 18.

my pioneer hu is pretty baseline. but eq settings are bass 0, treble maxed, and mid about half of max.

If they were worried about solving the problem, they would actually sit down and figure it out. If they wanted to argue, they would come to ca.com.
LOL! I agree with that one. I do think he'd be better served with a smaller box. I also think he's tuned a little low. Tuning your box at 32hz doesn't necessarily mean you're tuned at 32hz.

i have tried to sit down and figure it out, hence the comment i turned up my lpf. there's not much else to my knowledge to check as far as settings go. and yes i know just because my box is tuned to 32 hz doesn't mean i am tuned to 32hz. there's still the vehicles tuning to deal with.

if you don't like a differing opinion on the thread i started, then get off the thread. its that simple, im sorry if im offending your self induced car audio knowledge ego. and if people here have problems with my asking questions, then dont answer them, don't sit there and ***** like a little girl about me asking questions. if you don't wanna help me figure it out, then carry on. don't answer. if i did EVERYTHING the people here said when i had a problem, i would have probably fried my whole system and caught my car on fire by now

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.