Fi BTL 18 Box Build

Participant count
  • Participant list

Bad4health
10+ year member

Hymen Removal Specalist
this is my 1st box build. i used the RE audio box calculator .75 MDF, 45 wide 19 high 20 long port 1 12 port 2 10 tuned to 33hz at 6.somethin feet might come out to 5 something after .26 ft the subs is a Fi BTL 18 i love it! i wanted this box to be bigger then my last one.....big mistake. the box was TOOO DERN BIG to fit in right. i had to move my battery an wires now i have to find asnother place to put the amp that im getting. prob goin 2 b 1500-2000 rms at 1ohm. without further adue here goes....

IMAGE_245.jpg

as with everybody lowes cut the wood wrong i had 2 shape it up the best i could wen i got home

IMAGE_246.jpg

IMAGE_247.jpg

IMAGE_251.jpg

IMAGE_250.jpg

IMAGE_249.jpg

yea out with the old in with the new....i sold the 15s that i had the dollar bills on for 102$ lol 4real. an i sold my kicker zr600 for 200 bucks an bout the 18 an the wood now im lookin 4 a amp

IMAGE_258.jpg

IMAGE_259.jpg

the speaker....well power wire lol

IMAGE_260.jpg

IMAGE_261.jpg

IMAGE_262.jpg

IMAGE_263.jpg

Aww man, RE calc is not all that accurate. You don't know exactly how big the box is? If it's only 6 gross (including port and woofer displacements) that's not very big...

IMAGE_264.jpg

IMAGE_265.jpg

IMAGE_266.jpg

this is currently how it looks....i reallly dont wanna take it out again. it weights about 200lbs an it didnt wanna fit. i had to knock the corners off to get it in...it also broke my third brake light

IMAGE_267.jpg

hope you enjoyed

Aww man, RE calc is not all that accurate. You don't know exactly how big the box is? If it's only 6 gross (including port and woofer displacements) that's not very big...
i thought it was a bit off. my last box was 6 ft3 exactly an this box it bigger. i really dont kno but the dimensions i said at the top are spot on. i measured about 3 times b4 an after the glue. even if its not that big its still louder then the 2 15s i had so im on cloud 9. i tested it using a memphis 16-2000D 2k at 2 ohms an i had it at 1.

5 cubes NET is fine for it man. I would have gone around 6.5 cubes but it looks like you had a hard enough time getting it in there.

What year? You need to atleast cut a hole in the rear deck. I had my btl seal off in the trunk and it ripped the sheet metal on trunk lid and 1/4 panel. Now my 96 SS btl box looks like this-

100_0726.jpg

100_0719.jpg

**** well at least somebody knows what happened lol. yup ripped sheet metal on the 1/4 panel and behind the tail light. wish id known that b4 i would have deadened the sides earlier now theres a hole in the side of my car

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.