FI Audio 18in Q's - anyone running them?

i had my Q 15 sealed and hated it. It sounded great but lost way more output than it should have and the range of bass seemed to shrink. Big and ported with a good tuning is the way to go IMO. Even in a smallish enclosure (3.1 cubes at 35 hz) the sub is way more lively and still sounds great compared to the sealed enclosure I was running(2.3 cubes)

i had my Q 15 sealed and hated it. It sounded great but lost way more output than it should have and the range of bass seemed to shrink. Big and ported with a good tuning is the way to go IMO. Even in a smallish enclosure (3.1 cubes at 35 hz) the sub is way more lively and still sounds great compared to the sealed enclosure I was running(2.3 cubes)
lol.. You must have done something wrong if the RANGE went down sealed.. The range will be larger sealed.. it just won't have a peak the same way ported does or have AS much output

lol.. You must have done something wrong if the RANGE went down sealed.. The range will be larger sealed.. it just won't have a peak the same way ported does or have AS much output
Not sure how I would have done something wrong. I know basic math and basic principles and differences of sealed and ported enclosures.I built a solid enclosure in Fi's specified range of volume. I understand what is supposed to happen which is why I was disappointed in how the Q sounded sealed. I expected better. Possibly a bad enclosure matchup for my vehicle.

I really don't think it is that big of a stretch for 2 sealed FI Q 15'' in 2.5 cu each on a kicker zx2500 with upgraded electrical and extra battery to hit in the 130s. please elaborate if i'm wrong.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.