Few ohm Q's

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hmm. So maybe I should run the little SA-8 at 4 ohm then? That would dramatically lower the power being sent to it and would take all the risk out. Its starting to sound like my 1200 watts RMS is just going to be too much. What wattage would I be running to the sub at 4 ohm? Its a dual 4 ohm sub. So lets see, 1200 watts RMS squared, is 34.7, times the impedance which is... crap what is the impedance? Is that on the amp or the sub?

Hmm. So maybe I should run the little SA-8 at 4 ohm then? That would dramatically lower the power being sent to it and would take all the risk out. Its starting to sound like my 1200 watts RMS is just going to be too much. What wattage would I be running to the sub at 4 ohm? Its a dual 4 ohm sub. So lets see, 1200 watts RMS squared, is 34.7, times the impedance which is... crap what is the impedance? Is that on the amp or the sub?
and u wont be sending 1200 watts to the sub thats the 1 ohm rating u will be running at 2 ohms ..which will be around 6-700 @2ohms

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.