f'd up eclipse, somebody help!

ok so i got the whole bolt situation straight now my problem is i cant get the fvckin pulley off, i went to advance and got the special puller for it but it did absolutely nothing,anyone had a similar experience to this with a 420a? thanks for any help

the pully wont break loose? hmm. is the pully key like a socket? because you may be going the wrong way. I know alot of times it could very well be a left hand thread. just a thought. If it is the socket type try a cheater bar. It could be ceased tight, get a bar that will extend the leverage on the bolt and will also add to the torque to loosen up that ish!

well the kit i got has a push rod that comes with it that is maybe 3 or 4 inches long and i put that in and the pulley started to bend where the 3 jaws were hooked on before it moved any.....do u think the person that had the car before me that changed the timing belt could have welded or jb welded the pulley onto the crankshaft since he broke the bolt off inside it?

Sounds like an import piece of **** to me. Who the **** puts a water pump INSIDE the motor where you have to take the harmonic balancer and timing cover off to change it? How far in is the bolt broken off? Very possible he epoxied or jb welded it to the crankshaft if it wont come off with a puller, try PB blaster.

Get yourself a titanium drill bit, center punch the bolt to help it get started or else youll end up drilling out the side of it. Easy outs are also an irreplacable tool for anyone who has the sense to use it.

Sounds like an import piece of **** to me. Who the **** puts a water pump INSIDE the motor where you have to take the harmonic balancer and timing cover off to change it? How far in is the bolt broken off? Very possible he epoxied or jb welded it to the crankshaft if it wont come off with a puller, try PB blaster.

Get yourself a titanium drill bit, center punch the bolt to help it get started or else youll end up drilling out the side of it. Easy outs are also an irreplacable tool for anyone who has the sense to use it.
will try, and yes it is pretty fvckin stupid, only way to do anything on it is to pull the motor out lmao

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.