f'd up eclipse, somebody help!

ba11in17
10+ year member

so i have a 96 mitsubishi eclipse rs, my water pump went out the other day so i began to try and replace it, only to find that the guy that had it before me broke the crankshaft pulley bolt off inside it. therefore making it impossible for me to get the guard off of my timing belt in order to replace the water pump, my question is what should i do? drill the bolt out and re tap the hole? and also where can i get a cheap 3 jaw puller for mitsubishis? thanks for any help

can prolly get a puller at advanced auto or autozone. I know they rent em out for free. As for the bolt, I think ur gunna hafta drill that sumbich outta therr..have fun with that. GL

sometimes you can use an easy out or reverse drill bit to get the broken part of the bolt out. I have used a reverse drill bit before on a little suzuki sidekick.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif Humm he broke a crank bolt. How does one do that.

I think you are a few nuts and bolt off. If you think you are going to able to drill out a Crank bolt. Even an easy out I dought will work. You know what ft lbs that thing is torqued to. Alot.

better question how has the crank pulley not fallen off yet.

ive had it happen...a shop fixed it for a kid we know. They broke it then went out of business a few days after he got it back. Sold it to use for teh cheapz. Wasnt fun to do, but do-able

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif Humm he broke a crank bolt. How does one do that.
I think you are a few nuts and bolt off. If you think you are going to able to drill out a Crank bolt. Even an easy out I dought will work. You know what ft lbs that thing is torqued to. Alot.

better question how has the crank pulley not fallen off yet.

my dad has done it several times before

my dad has done it several times before
I didnt say it wasent do able but still. Its going to take some GOOD drill bits. And a long time to drill that bolt out.

But still better question. How has the crank pulley or ( harmonic ballancer) not fallen off.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.