Fan with remote turn on, such thing?

7ender
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Is there such thing as a fan with a remote turn on lead input? ie, it would have three inputs- positive, ground, and remote lead.

I want to wire fans in, but don't really want to mess with relays. I suppose I can...just adds more mess to my setup though.

Is there such thing as a fan with a remote turn on lead input? ie, it would have three inputs- positive, ground, and remote lead.
I want to wire fans in, but don't really want to mess with relays. I suppose I can...just adds more mess to my setup though.
Why not just run a 12v switched power wire to it?

hair%20is%20a%20bird.jpg

That's it? Cool. Going to be putting amps either in my factory false floor or in the factory enclosures, fans will probably be needed. Thanks.

What?? What Frijoles24 said WAS NOT correct.

You cannot run something of this load of the head unit's REM.

To use a relay, buy an automotive relay from radioshack or the like for like 5$, the run the head unit's REM to it and hook up the fans to your positive and ground. The relay will turn them on when your head unit turns on.

What?? What Frijoles24 said WAS NOT correct.
You cannot run something of this load of the head unit's REM.

To use a relay, buy an automotive relay from radioshack or the like for like 5$, the run the head unit's REM to it and hook up the fans to your positive and ground. The relay will turn them on when your head unit turns on.
this is correct!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.