Fan/REM wire question

Participant count
  • Participant list

BigRooster
10+ year member

Bassheads Unite
Hey everyone I have 2 or 3 fans I want to run to cool my amp. I want at least 2 and maybe even 3. They are all 12v DC computer supply fans. I want to know how many I can run that would be safe for my REM wire, as I have a Dual 400 watt amp ( I know Walmart ***** haha) but it's right for me. My headunit is the JVC KD-R320, and one fan has a current draw of 0.18A and the other is 0.33A, not sure about the other one though but I do believe it's less than 0.30. The model number of the amp is Dual XPE 2700. If you could tell me if I'd be safe with these fans and the amp on one REM wire without a relay, I'd appreciate it.

Will one fan be sufficient for one small amp? And will it be ok on the REM wire? It has been so far, it's been like this for a while.

Will one fan be sufficient for one small amp? And will it be ok on the REM wire? It has been so far, it's been like this for a while.
It will be fine..Ive ran 1 scroll fan on an amp for over a year without any issues..Its running multiple amps, and fans is when a relay is needed..Im running 4 amps, and soon 3 fans,and will need to put the relay in,for my install..but for one fan,it will be just fine..in my experience of doing so

Ok I think one fan for a small amp that doesn't get too hot will be good then. Thank you //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Ok I think one fan for a small amp that doesn't get too hot will be good then. Thank you //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
You will be just fine:santa:

I would double check the current draw for the amp on the remote wire and not use the fan w/ .33a draw. a lot of decks have .5a capacity on the rem.

Well the 0.20something Amp fan I'm using now hasn't had a problem and it's been hooked up for like a week, so that's the one I was going to use because it matches my interior and has blue LED lights anyway. Would 1 fan put at the vent blowing inside the fan be efficient? It's a small amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.