Factory wiring/HU/amp confusion.

Participant count
  • Participant list

inetd

Hi. I've never done this before, and I've been spending the last few days figuring out how to wire everything up. I can get the subs hooked up fine, but run into problems when I think about the speakers in the car.

I'm using a head unit that has no internal amp, and the audio store guys told me I could utilize the factory wiring for the speakers, as I won't be replacing them just yet.

I have a harness and all the wiring, but how will I hook it all up?

I was thinking of running the power cable to the trunk to a distribution block, where it would power the amp for the speakers. I could run the RCA cables from the head unit to the amp, along with the remote of course. Would I be able to run the speaker output from the amp to where the head unit is located, and hook up to the factory wiring there?

So the head unit will send the signal to the amp through the RCA cables, which in turn runs it back to the connections for the factory speakers at the head unit.

Is that not a possible setup, or is there a better way of doing it?

Thanks.

soundscomplicated. I would just run the speaker wires to the speakers there is no need, if possible, to send it back to the headunit. you will gain nothing in my belief. rca to amp, amp to speakers. you will have to rewire your car but no biggy, that is part of the fun

I'm going to run the stereo wire from the amp in the trunk directly to the speakers on the back deck, then run some more wire up to the harness so I can patch in there.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.