factory HU

Participant count
  • Participant list

EPanther99
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
alright, i got a new car its a 98 grand prix gtp, its got an 8 speaker factory system with a cd player and all the controls are on the steering wheel and i also have heads up display which shows the station, track number and other stuff and it actauly sounds really good, i have my pioneer cd player that i can put in but then i loose all the steering wheel controls and heads up displays, so i was thinking of keeping the facorty hu and using a line level converter to hook my amp up and put my sub in the car, does this usually work alright, or do you think i should just put in the pioneer? thanks

cool, i thought it would be alright, i can always just put an aftermarket one in later, i have just grown really fond of the steering wheel buttons and heads up stuff, i had one more question, what do they usually do for a remote turn on lead seams im not using an after market hu?

When i installed my first system in my mustang i was using the stock deck (it actually sounded decent) and a JL mono block amp. i dont know about your amp, but mine had a signal sensing option on it allowing the amp to turn on when it got a signal from the line output converter. therefore i did not have to use the remote turn on. If you really wanted to run your pioneer deck, many companies make OEM audio interfacing that will allow you to use your factory controls on the steering wheel.

Originally posted by bri487 When i installed my first system in my mustang i was using the stock deck (it actually sounded decent) and a JL mono block amp. i dont know about your amp, but mine had a signal sensing option on it allowing the amp to turn on when it got a signal from the line output converter. therefore i did not have to use the remote turn on. If you really wanted to run your pioneer deck, many companies make OEM audio interfacing that will allow you to use your factory controls on the steering wheel.
yeah im going to look around to see if anyone makes an adapter for it the heads up display is really cool, im sure i would loose that with any aftermarket unit though

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.