Factory Deck

Participant count
  • Participant list

socheap

tx.
I have a Chrysler 300M and I want to keep my stock deck. I know aftermarket decks are better and offer more flexibility in car audio systems. I am not into competitions or anything, just my personal use. My question, is it possible to run a 4 channel amp and a amp dedicated for a sub, off of a factory deck? Thanks in advance.

Socheap

I have a piece form a company, PAC, its a 4ch adjustable line ouput converter. So 2 sets of RCA, front and rear. Its like $100 but is easy to instal since it plugs into your deck, and then the factory harness plugs into the PAC unit. Then either use the rca output on your amp, or use a spliter on the rear set of RCA's

152 dbs and stock deck

It's a 2001. Thanks for the advice.
Same engine and interior layout as mine I believe. Mine didn't have the rear door speakers. IIRC, the factory only has 3 bands on the eq. Not sure if you have the disc changer radio, but I would swap it out for something else if it isn't. I would honestly strip the whole car of the factory stuff, but I have no idea what your goals are as far as your system is concerned. Should you choose to go the aftermarket route, Walmart has the harness and dash kit very cheap. Less than 20 bucks for both the harness and dash kit as opposed to 20 each for the same stuff at BB or Frys.

I won't say I know it all about my car, but if you need help doing something (like the back speakers) one day just shoot me a PM.

Hey guys, thanks for all your input and honesty. As my username suggest,I am cheap.Not frugal, thrifty, just down right cheap. My stock system is 6.5 seperates on the front doors with the tweets on the door(Infinity system, I guess). and 6x9's in the rear and the stock head unit with the 3band EQ. I want to keep the dash original, I like how it looks and it plays well, no problems with it. I have bought Alpine 6.5 components for the front and Alpine 6x9's, SPS series, entry level. I will get an Alpine 12' sub, entry level and I would like to run an Autotek 4ch and a Autotek mono ortwo ch. bridged on the sub. That is what I intend to run. Again, thanks for your help.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.