Factory Amplified Speakers Not Working After Stereio Install

Participant count
  • Participant list
I have a 2000 Lincoln LS and I just installed a new stereo into. The car has speakers in all the doors, 2 deck speakers (that are factory amplified, and 2 speakers by your feet. Now ive tried 2 different ways of wiring it one got all the door speakers working but thats it and the other got only the speakers by your feet in the front working. Ive tried 2 different wiring harness's. Finaly the stereo that I purchased was a Power Acoustik PNX-761 Any help would be appreciated

Also there is 2 amp turn on wires with no where to hook up the 2nd as far as I can tell

Here are the diagrams and pins for your car (in case you need them)... http://www.justanswer.com/car/30p23-cannot-green-black-wire-2000-lincoln-ls-audio.html

I cannot find a copy of the PNX-761 user manual online, so it is going to be difficult to guide you. Can you post a couple of pics of the connection diagram pages?

Also, I see on Amazon reviews that others are having trouble installing this HU - complaints of missing info and bad user's manual (doesn't surprise me - my experience with Power Acoustik is that their manuals - and products are garbage).

Anyway - if you can get me some info on the PNX connections/colors or a link to the manual I can help guide you on which wires in the lincoln to connect everything to.

Looks like your gonna need a factory intergration unit.Let your factory amp power them factory speakers. May cost you a few bucks buttl be worth it. After market hu's do not sound as good as factory amps IMO.

I have a 2000 Lincoln LS and I just installed a new stereo into. The car has speakers in all the doors, 2 deck speakers (that are factory amplified, and 2 speakers by your feet. Now ive tried 2 different ways of wiring it one got all the door speakers working but thats it and the other got only the speakers by your feet in the front working. Ive tried 2 different wiring harness's. Finaly the stereo that I purchased was a Power Acoustik PNX-761 Any help would be appreciatedAlso there is 2 amp turn on wires with no where to hook up the 2nd as far as I can tell
METRA® 70-5519 - Lincoln LS 2000 Wiring Harness, Amplifier Integration

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.