F-150 performance upgrades...

powered if you want to argue that say if you were to put on a supercharger and run you stock exhaust and intake... You will not be getting the total power out of the supercharger as you would if you hada free flowing exhaust and no I am not saying a piddley cat back exhaust that keeps our **** ass restrictive cats on there I am saying a custom exhaust with headers no cats (or highflow cats if you want to be a tree hugger) a completely true dual exhaust with nice free flowing mufflers. As for the intakes yes they are not worth what you get and like you said just drop in a k&n into and yes that is what I did. I agree with you that intakes are not worth the money bt you have to get as much air as possible to the supercharger if you are putting one on.

Intake and exhaust alone won't do very much at all

But exhaust combined with the proper compnents will help get the best effincey out of your system.

I think with this mad raise in gas price i'm gonna hold back all mods for a while. Save up money for a little fuel efficent beater. Thinking a small civic or somthing, hate rice but right now i really want a car that can do 30mpg+ and that deff is not my truck....

Jon

Hey man then look at a little mercury cougar. I have a 200 mercury cougar 5 speed V6 for aDaily driver so I don;t hgave to tool around my truckall the time. And it gets 32 MPG . Kinda ricey with its looks but it still a ford

I wanted to do a chip to, you can get some badass gains from them, but you also have to use higher octane gasoline //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

I wanted to do a chip to, you can get some badass gains from them, but you also have to use higher octane gasoline //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
Not always... They do make programs for best performance and towing..

I had one, I could run 87 and flip the switch for towing, but when I wasn't I ran 93 and turned on BPO...

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

F150's are my thing. Woohoo. Well, not really the 6 bangers though. Check out troyerperformance.com definatley. Mike is a darn nice guy and he knows his shizzaz. Check out F150online.com too. Better than those other f150 sites //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Your 3 most common mods are intake, chip, and exhaust. For a chip, Mike's custom tunes are pretty much the best your going to get for a F150. The intake-AF1 has been dnyo's to give the biggest gains (I believe Mike said he got around 13hp on a 97-03 V8, prob a little less on the v6. They will cost you the least too.

Exhasut-Magnaflow is the only exhasut company that actually engineers and dyno's there exhasut so they are actually adding power, not taking it away by opening the exaust up so much your loosing backpressure, and bottom end power.

After that, most people go for underdrive pulleys and e fans. Troyer has 16 inch Derale fans for 90 bucks a piece IIRC. Thats just the fans. I plan to get 2 of them with a controller after some time. Much cheaper than any kit made specifically for the f150.

For my intake, I dropped in a K&N, pulled the silencer tube out of the stock elbo, replaced that tubing running from the airbox to fender wtih bigger tubing (3 inche dryer vent stuff actually) and ran some 5 inch dryer tubing from the airdam to inner fender. I also ported the stock TB, and will port the stock intake elbo someday.

It added a nice little gain, nothing impressive, but I could tell it made a little difference. Very cheap too. Might be something to consider.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.