Extra Batteries Needed for System

willfordbrimlee
10+ year member

I'm not quite sure what size battery or batteries I am going to need to properly and safely power my system. I have an aftermarket 260A alternator, a sax 100.4, and plan on powering my woofers with around 3000-4000 watts. My accessories use about 115A and my under hood battery is 100 ah. I'm just wondering how much more I need to get my system able to run without problems.

either get a separate battery for your system.. roughly 800- 1000 amps should do the trick... or if you dont have extra space just go with a 2250 amp battery

either get a separate battery for your system.. roughly 800- 1000 amps should do the trick... or if you dont have extra space just go with a 2250 amp battery
Please enlighten me as to where you purchase a "2250 amp battery"

REALLY and keep the flooded cell under the hood and just run them all together NOT.

The guy won’t know until he gets everything installed and test it to see what his draw will be. AGMs and flooded cells should not be run together unless you like to through money away.

REALLY and keep the flooded cell under the hood and just run them all together NOT. The guy won’t know until he gets everything installed and test it to see what his draw will be. AGMs and flooded cells should not be run together unless you like to through money away.
You can preach that all you want it can and has been dine many times is it optimal no will it work yes will it last forever no it will last for sometime how long exactly no one has that answer.

I see that most of these extra batteries being used are lead acid (flooded) or agm batteries. Has anyone used a lithium style battery like a Lithionics? Is the cost an issue? The weight ans size is pretty attractive.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.