Extended Cab Silverado bench seat conversion

Participant count
  • Participants list
Hey guys im looking at building a custom center console from the front all the way to the back wall of my 2004 Extended Cab Silverado. I am wondering if anybody has had any luck cutting out the center portion of the bench seat and welding bars to keep the door seats?? I am looking at price and the easiest way to do it. I know i will have to reupholster the seats. But im trying to figure out how to cut the seat or who to look for that could maybe do something like this. Thanks!

I'm going to be helping a friend with his truck when it warms up. We're removing the back seat in his extended cab Silverado. Where the seat was, we're building a box for the subs. The subs and port will be facing forwards, and the top of the box will be cushioned upholstered so people can sit on the box like it was the seat. Basically we'll just be getting more box volume compared to an under-seat box.

I say just try that, and forget about cutting the seat.

I'm going to be helping a friend with his truck when it warms up. We're removing the back seat in his extended cab Silverado. Where the seat was, we're building a box for the subs. The subs and port will be facing forwards, and the top of the box will be cushioned upholstered so people can sit on the box like it was the seat. Basically we'll just be getting more box volume compared to an under-seat box.
I say just try that, and forget about cutting the seat.
ive already had this done on a 00 so let me know if you want some pics or tips on how it was done

Hey guys im looking at building a custom center console from the front all the way to the back wall of my 2004 Extended Cab Silverado. I am wondering if anybody has had any luck cutting out the center portion of the bench seat and welding bars to keep the door seats?? I am looking at price and the easiest way to do it. I know i will have to reupholster the seats. But im trying to figure out how to cut the seat or who to look for that could maybe do something like this. Thanks!
i seen a youtube vid were somebody did this. they did not have to reupholster it. if your were closer i would do it for ya..

as i weld..

ill look for the vid.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.