Expert HELP on How to use RCAs from HU into amp (bridged amp) left right seperation?

FASfocus is 100% correct. look up the manual and you will see //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
this is correct, however this is not what mendon mafia is trying to do

this is correct, however this is not what mendon mafia is trying to do
he wants to balance from left to right, how am I wrong? if he takes one set of RCAs and put them to left of front and rear pre-out to the channels 1&2 of amp and runs another set of RCAs and put them to the right of front and rear pre-out to channels 3&4. it would give him the balance control that he wants and it's the way it should be done. splitter are just a short cut and I know he ultimately will not be happy with the sound he'd get from using splitters.

yeah go ahead and skimp on the some splitter. that's the cheap shop manager that just wants to get the car out the shop. sorry man that's not how things should be done. he'll be much happier doing it the way that I said than taking a short cut like you suggest. thanks for calling me fvcking idiot b/c I'm right and you're lazy.
What the fuck are you talking about? It's not "skimping", it's the way to fix the issue. That is how it should be done. He would be just as big of an idiot as you are if he were to do it the way you suggested.

And yes, it's blatantly obvious that you are a fucking idiot.

splitter are just a short cut and I know he ultimately will not be happy with the sound he'd get from using splitters.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

There's no sound difference. You just don't know what the hell you are talking about.

What the fuck are you talking about? It's not "skimping", it's the way to fix the issue. That is how it should be done. He would be just as big of an idiot as you are if he were to do it the way you suggested.
And yes, it's blatantly obvious that you are a fucking idiot.
sure, whatever helps you sleep at night.

sure, whatever helps you sleep at night.
I think you need to go try to recover whatever knowledge that was that you forgot this morning......you seem to really be in need of it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

that's when you're bridging a 2ch amp for a sub, but he is bridging a 4ch amp for a front stage... hes bridging channels 1 and 2 together for the left, and channels 3 and 4 together for the right. he's just gotta get the correct signal sent to each bridged side to be running in stereo
Just to end this wesl56 is right i bought 2 "Y" splitters and everything is all set. i am only using the from preouts from my HU and i have left and right seperation.

got my rears running off the HU now too and everythnig still works perfectly. i have front rear left right seperation.

thanks wesl56

fasfocus00 you were wrong. i already had 2 sets ran back because i used to run my amp to all 4 channels and i tried exactly what you said about running both lefts to the "front amp" for the left and both rights to the "rear amp" for the right but it didnt work i still didnt have seperation.

hi can someone help me i need to do the same exact thing,

so of my understanding i connect a Y splitter from my HU at the Front left input then connect it to my amp at the front inputs and vise versa?

then i connect my left speaker to my amp at the front left- and right+ inputs and then vise versa?

the exact way i have it hooked up is i have one set of rca's (left and right) hooked into the front output of the HU. (typically red is right and black is left)

i ran that back to the amp and then plugged TWO "Y" splitters into the ends by the amp.

in total there should be 4 rca's to plug into the amp

the 2 that are associated with the right (the "Y" splitter conneted to the front right output from the HU) needs to be plugged into the inputs on the amp associated with the right speaker.

do the same for the left and you should be all set.

set you gains and your good to go.

the rear outputs from the HU should not be used at all. unless you are running another amp for your rears.

so i shouldnt even touch the rear output on the amp also?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

and from the front right output on the head unit i plug in the single end of the Y splitter then connect 2 rca's to the forked end, take it back to the amp and put another Y splitter in the same way as i would the headunit?

then the same thing for the left?

and would this way of connecting them be used only if the amp is bridged?

No, there would be no point in that, may as well run a single RCA all the way.

This is my understanding (I haven't tried it yet):

Run a single RCA almost to your amp, from each end of that, connect two Y-splitters. You now have four RCA plugs. The two plugs that originally came from the left side of your single RCA get plugged into the left and right channels of A side (the side which, in non-bridged mode would be your front channel). Right goes to the B side (old rear channel).

This is only for bridged mode. You need two sets of RCAs for four channel mode.

oh completely clear now thanks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

but now im just confused out how do i bridge my amp? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

left neg right pos for the front, then same thing for the rear?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.