Excessive Amperage Alternators

Why?
What is the advantage (with a single alt) of an external regulator?
I got one since my Jeep only charges to mid 13V range with the factory regulator. 14.5 is normally a better target (though this may vary depending on the topology of your battery)

I got one since my Jeep only charges to mid 13V range with the factory regulator. 14.5 is normally a better target (though this may vary depending on the topology of your battery)
Oh ok.

My stock alt charges at 14.3 or so.. so I would assume an alt from Nate would as well.

Sure hope so anyway. I think Im actually going to buy one from him soon.. my car needs it.

Oh ok.
My stock alt charges at 14.3 or so.. so I would assume an alt from Nate would as well.

Sure hope so anyway. I think Im actually going to buy one from him soon.. my car needs it.
If your stock regulator charges at 14.3 I wouldn't bother with buying an out-board regulator unles you need to get to 18V or something unusual.

i need to get my EA alt rebuilt //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

i jumped someone off and it died. t'was quite old though. maybe 5 yrs?

i need to get my EA alt rebuilt //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
i jumped someone off and it died. t'was quite old though. maybe 5 yrs?
Always rev your engine when doing a jump start so that doesn't happen

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.