Excelene 1/0 Welding Cable

Jeff is right. So in that reply he made, I happen to take a lil time and compare the Knu Kolusses 1/0 wire and 1/0 Royal Excelene side by side pics to show the difference....

JIP8JlW.jpg

d20nGaS.jpg

gFG57fS.jpg

Later on, I'll take some measurements of each strand from either brand.

I think my eb flex has 20 groups of strands, each group probably with 50-80 individual strands of copper.
The knu was just 5k little strands.

The eb 2/0 is bigger than the knu 1/0.

not but much, but it is bigger.

Idk why car audio wire uses so many little strands, I feel like less but larger stands would be better.
My guess is to make it more flexable. Have you ever tried to bend some thick stranded wire?! It's tough!!

Is what about when it comes to wires going to the subs? Is there any sq differences between audio and welding? Or if your using that big of wire does it not matter really as in the difference is unperceptable to the ear?

Is what about when it comes to wires going to the subs? Is there any sq differences between audio and welding? Or if your using that big of wire does it not matter really as in the difference is unperceptable to the ear?
You can use 16 gauge or 12 gauge, it really doesn't matter.
Once you get to the point of pushing 4+k to a single sub then it's a point of going bigger to help copper heat up.

More heat will cause issues for a sub.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

View attachment 26556710View attachment 26556711View attachment 26556712

Got 25' red and 10' black for $75.50 including shipping. Delivery time was three days, shipping was $12.00
Sorry for thread jack..
Hopefully you can sell it. Love this wire myself.

That's wire looks like crap^ thick jacket and not a lot of wire. Even says it's not up to American standards. Cheap wire. And it's CCA. Fvcking noobs
I got my 2/0 EB welding wire for like $1.62 a foot and free shipping if u buy enough. Can't beat it
Again without knowing the actual power needs how can you call a wire crap and because it's cca? Lmao
You guys hop on the band wagon and don't even know when to say something.

Also do you know the difference between awg and is?

No audio cable is awg, it's all International standard.. even all that 12gauge and 16 etc.. you buy is all international standard due to stranding practice and strand count.

Again without knowing the actual power needs how can you call a wire crap and because it's cca? Lmao
You guys hop on the band wagon and don't even know when to say something.

Also do you know the difference between awg and is?

No audio cable is awg, it's all International standard.. even all that 12gauge and 16 etc.. you buy is all international standard due to stranding practice and strand count.

Yea Ive had CCA wire and it corrodes and it's crap... why would you waste your money. Just spreading bad information. Spend alittle more and buy good wire or you can buy crap and then have to buy good wire later on.

Yea Ive had CCA wire and it corrodes and it's crap... why would you waste your money. Just spreading bad information. Spend alittle more and buy good wire or you can buy crap and then have to buy good wire later on.
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]....

How long does it take copper to corrode?

Nobody's spreading bad info, you have systems pushing real power like let's say 5k plus. Obviously you need every bit of juice with the least heat to get the full power out of your amp so you buy quality ofc awg wire.

If you have a daily ground pounder that you plan to prob just use on drives or to work and the store.. use cca.

It takes a lot of moisture for copper to oxidize so really it may work better in one city/state then the other.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.