Everything powered up.. subs dead?

Participant count
  • Participants list

Keny

Hi guys, just joined today ! Sorry if this thread has been posted before. I’ve read over a dozen posts about my situation and can’t find a solution, or the their problem was slightly different than mine.

What I have : Rockford F. P3001 , And two 10” dtx subs. And a kenwood deck (They came with the car)

The Situation / Problem : my amp is plugged in and everything is good there ( I think) ground is good, power is good, fuses are good, remote wire has power (checked with a voltage meter). The subs are wired correctly. But they don’t make any sound or anything ...

I don’t think they’re broken because when I clip my voltage meter to the power cable, and touch the remote wire, I can hear the subs getting power cause they both go “THUD” when the amp turns on. But then no music still?

It’s driving me nuts. I have no clue what to do lol. All 4 speakers in my car work, the deck works fine , are my subs just not getting enough power? Or is it my wiring harness? I haven’t really checked that cause I’ll have to take my whole console out (again) and it’s a pain to get to.

Any thoughts ? I’ll respond to questions as soon as I can. Thanks again! And sorry if you get posts like this all the time. I’m learning

I don’t have the RCA plugin cables. I just have the wires from the amp that Allen wrench down, and then directly to the subs. +to+ and -to- (Are those called rca’s as well? Idk what those are called )

I don’t have any rca cables plugged in the amp from the head unit. I don’t think it ever had them? The cars stereo and subs and everything worked in the past. Idk if it has the rcas or not. I don’t think I even saw rca plugs on the back of the head unit. I know there are some dangling behind the head unit (probably from factory stereo) . Is it able to work without the rca?

You need a pair of RCAs

RCAs is what you need to carry a signal from head unit to the amp.

You can get a cheap pair from wal-mart just to test and make sure everything is working.

Let us know if you fix the issue.

I don’t have any rca cables plugged in the amp from the head unit. I don’t think it ever had them? The cars stereo and subs and everything worked in the past. Idk if it has the rcas or not. I don’t think I even saw rca plugs on the back of the head unit. I know there are some dangling behind the head unit (probably from factory stereo) . Is it able to work without the rca?
dude how do u think sound gets from the hu to the amp? from the power wire on the battery?

Lol like I said man. I’m learning. I don’t know very much at all about car audio systems. Anyway. I did find the rca cable. It was buried underneath my trunk where the spare tire is... plugged it in and now it works. Thanks for the help! I’m an idiot lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.