Tek 1002

Participant count
  • Participant list

tylera189

I am looking to put a sub or two in my crew cab superduty. I need either shallow subs, or a SD3 for clearance issues. I have some stuff laying around from my younger days, that I would like to reuse. So I have a Crossfire TEK1002 amp, I know its a pretty good amp, and generally underrated, just wondering if its enough to power two 10" SD3's? Or even one 10". This amp ran two 12" RF HE2's years ago with no problems. I know I am probably comparing apples to oranges as far as subs go, but I would rather not purchase a new amp if I dont need to. I am not really looking to blow the windows out, just add some bass to the truck. And the SD3 is probably more than I really need, but the shallow subs dont get very good reviews from what I have read. So any suggestions or opinions are appreciated. I have been out of the game for several years, I forgot alot. LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Like I said its been a while!! lol. So when I look at the specs on the amp, I wonder how it powered the 12's I had before. So if I understand the specs correctly, its 400W max when bridged to one speaker?

Which shallow subs have you been looking at? I have 2 TW3's in my truck and I'm pretty impressed with what they can put out in a tiny enclosure (1.3CF Total downfiring under the seat of a Tundra Doublecab).

I also have a Pioneer Shallow in my Bench test area for S Hits and giggles when I want to play a 4 ohm sub, and it's really not bad either for how much it costs.

Well I dont really have a particular sub in mind. Just kind of shopping and doing some research. The stock radio and speakers in the regular super dutys ****. I am just wanting to wake it up a little bit without breaking the bank, and also reusing some stuff I already have. I havent messed with this stuff in 15+yrs, so I am trying to fumble my way through it and see what I can remember!! I really think one decent 10 is all I really need. Plus I plan to put my JL vr6.5's in the door with a 4 channel amp. It should make it pop a little bit. I guess if anything I was leaning towards the sundown speaker, just because it isint a true shallow mount. But just wanting to make sure I have enough amp to push it. I guess my confusion starts with the fact my amp rattled the neighbors pushing two 12's but now that I look at the specs and it seems way to small. When I purchased this stuff years ago I had no idea what I was doing, and apparently still dont!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

tylera189

tylera189
Wakeman,Oh
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
tylera189