Everything an Install *SHOULD* Have Advice

Is the pillar generally better in most cases?
Totally dependent on vehicle and personal preference. Get some double sided tape or something and just stick them to various places and play some music and see what sounds best before you permanently mount.

$5-600 is cheaping out?!
Compared to the Apline or similar known quality head unit, apparently so. Honestly at some point you might consider finding a good custom shop that can just build out the dash nice to accept a standard DIN size head unit. Even say 800$ for a custom dash and 400$ for a higher mid-end standard mounting size head unit is better than the sized to fit options and allows you a lot more choices and easy replacement years down the road.

Out of curiosity, why are you saying stay away from noico?

I have used that in a couple vehicles and haven't had an issue, but I don't see more than 5 90 degree days a year up here. Might err on the side of caution if you live in Florida. You could probably melt the damned aluminum off of deadener down there in July/August.

We normally only see 7 or so 90 degree days up here and so far in the month of June we have had 7 already. And that is before the massive heat wave we always get in middle of July till end of August.

He noticed a black tar like substance coming from the bottom of his doors and when I pulled the door panel off it was all melted and bubbling. This was 5 or 6 years ago and during that year we had a very mild summer with one 90 degree day and a very cold snowy winter. I told him when I opened it up I smelled asphalt and it stunk to high heaven he still insisted. It was one of the biggest mess's I had ever seen. We spent 4 days trying to clean those 2 doors up so we could put in Dynamat instead.

If people are skeptical then talk to Skizer about it here or on DIYMA as he seems to be posting off and on, on there again. So far the top 3 from testing over the past 3-4 years have been Resonix, Second Skin and Dynamat. Yep they are expensive but worth it. IF I had to go budget then NVX would be an option I would do as it isn't expensive and the results while not as good as those other three many people have used it with success.

We normally only see 7 or so 90 degree days up here and so far in the month of June we have had 7 already. And that is before the massive heat wave we always get in middle of July till end of August.

He noticed a black tar like substance coming from the bottom of his doors and when I pulled the door panel off it was all melted and bubbling. This was 5 or 6 years ago and during that year we had a very mild summer with one 90 degree day and a very cold snowy winter. I told him when I opened it up I smelled asphalt and it stunk to high heaven he still insisted. It was one of the biggest mess's I had ever seen. We spent 4 days trying to clean those 2 doors up so we could put in Dynamat instead.

If people are skeptical then talk to Skizer about it here or on DIYMA as he seems to be posting off and on, on there again. So far the top 3 from testing over the past 3-4 years have been Resonix, Second Skin and Dynamat. Yep they are expensive but worth it. IF I had to go budget then NVX would be an option I would do as it isn't expensive and the results while not as good as those other three many people have used it with success.
Has he tested rockmat by rockville? That's what i primarily used in my Explorer because it was butyl and affordable.

No actually Noico, Fatmat and Killmat are all owned and are the same product sold by the same company and is a asphalt based product. Testing has shown that in the deadening group by an independent tester. Ask Skiezer or any of those guys who have seen the results of it on cars even in New York.

Several sites out there say it is an asphalt based product.

Been doing this for over 25+ years and the one time I used Killmat which is the same as Noico it melted in Northeast Wisconsin weather which isn't as hot as Central Florida. This wasn't on my car thankfully. I used it on the neighbor because he believed all those so called great amazon ratings, he used it on his two front doors and within a year it was melting off on his S-10 Blazer.

To each their own and agreed no pissing match. I just wouldn't buy it or even use it.
Totally dependent on vehicle and personal preference. Get some double sided tape or something and just stick them to various places and play some music and see what sounds best before you permanently mount.

Compared to the Apline or similar known quality head unit, apparently so. Honestly at some point you might consider finding a good custom shop that can just build out the dash nice to accept a standard DIN size head unit. Even say 800$ for a custom dash and 400$ for a higher mid-end standard mounting size head unit is better than the sized to fit options and allows you a lot more choices and easy replacement years down the road.

I have used that in a couple vehicles and haven't had an issue, but I don't see more than 5 90 degree days a year up here. Might err on the side of caution if you live in Florida. You could probably melt the damned aluminum off of deadener down there in July/August.
It's been over 90 a few times since I installed it and I've had no issues. My wife does not stand the smell of asphalt based stuff. I had to use peel-n-seal for a home project recently and she about blew her top because of the smell.

If there is asphalt in noico, it's very little and it doesn't have the standard asphalt odor.

Matt

Check out the studies and testing that say otherwise. Noice, Fatmat and Killmat all the same product all the same company. That guy doing the testing is doing it on very high dollar equipment and knows what he is doing. Check out the deadening and say that Noico doesn't have or very little asphalt to it.

Check out the studies and testing that say otherwise. Noice, Fatmat and Killmat all the same product all the same company. That guy doing the testing is doing it on very high dollar equipment and knows what he is doing. Check out the deadening and say that Noico doesn't have or very little asphalt to it.

I'm not saying it doesn't have any asphalt in it. Most butyl based deadener does have some low percentage of asphalt in it as a binder/glue. I'm simply saying that I have used multiple deadener brands, and in central Florida I have had no issues with noico smelling, peeling, or oozing black goo. Hell, I have over 240 square feet of Noico in my car, including on my roof. My car is silver, so that may help some, but I don't currently have window tint either and I have a sunroof. Maybe I'm not having issues because I covered the deadener with CCF?

If I wasn't trying to do the whole entire car, I would have probably gone with second skin since they offer a combination deadener+CCF product. I believe they even offer a 3-in-1 solution with a layer of mlv on top of the CCF.

Check out the deadening for independent testing not testing from a company.
Give me a link to this testing, I can't find one. All I see over on DIYMA is good reviews of Noico dating back as far as 2012 and as recent as 2020... My experience says it's good, butyl based, budget stuff. Until I see otherwise I will continue to recommend it for what it is...

Facebook group the Deadening. Independent tester who has spent who knows on updated testing equipment. Even DIYMA has a thread going there someplace about it.

Also no not every deadener has asphalt in it. @SkizeR

Last edited:
No actually Noico, Fatmat and Killmat are all owned and are the same product sold by the same company and is a asphalt based product. Testing has shown that in the deadening group by an independent tester. Ask Skiezer or any of those guys who have seen the results of it on cars even in New York.

Several sites out there say it is an asphalt based product.

Been doing this for over 25+ years and the one time I used Killmat which is the same as Noico it melted in Northeast Wisconsin weather which isn't as hot as Central Florida. This wasn't on my car thankfully. I used it on the neighbor because he believed all those so called great amazon ratings, he used it on his two front doors and within a year it was melting off on his S-10 Blazer.

To each their own and agreed no pissing match. I just wouldn't buy it or even use it.
Just installed Kilmat all over my car and live in Michigan. Pray for me.

Facebook group the Deadening. Independent tester who has spent who knows on updated testing equipment. Even DIYMA has a thread going there someplace about it.
I still need a ljnk man, I can't find anything on DIYMA and I don't actually have a Facebook. I covered my car at the middle/end of last summer, before it gets too hot this summer I'd like to deal with it if it's going to be a problem, even if I don't think it will be I'd still like to look into it. I know of the Skizer you are talking about. He seems to bash anything but his own product and I can't find any of his "independent testing" on DIYMA at all.

Matt

He doesn't do independent testing someone else does. His name is Chris iirc. He does it all on his own dime. Last tests I saw put Resonix 1st then Second Skin then Dynamat or SDS icr who was third.

The facebook group is going to have the latest test iirc since Skizer and a few others quit posting on forums because of the nonsense going on.

He doesn't do independent testing someone else does. His name is Chris iirc. He does it all on his own dime. Last tests I saw put Resonix 1st then Second Skin then Dynamat or SDS icr who was third.

The facebook group is going to have the latest test iirc since Skizer and a few others quit posting on forums because of the nonsense going on.

If you look at post 279 on page 14 of the CLD TESTING thread from DIYMA the noico tested pretty decent compared to the others. I wish he would have tested gram for gram, but whatever. There is also one guy stating "noico is garbage, it will melt and stink" but then right below him there are 2 others that say the same I do...

Idk what the deal is, I tried to find testing on the deadener Facebook group, but I there isn't a search function. I know the horror stories of lots of deadener, but my noico 80 mil doesn't smell like asphalt, doesn't melt like asphalt, and I'm happy with the performance. 🤷🏽

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...