Equalizer or Single Inputs?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Savackz

CarAudio.com Elite
GA
I was planning on getting a simple clarion eqs746 I think it is or some single inputs for my amp just for the simplicity of wiring. Will the eq be worth the time since I know some people think that cheap eqs don't do much and not really help but just an option. Any help?

save your money for a dsp, i've had too many problems with noise being introduced into the system from adding more signal level equipment.

i've used the EQS746 before, it's nothing special but it can be useful for splitting a single output into 3 outputs and gaining some additional control. it's better than nothing and cheap.

A DSP is nice but pricey and just as complicated. You have just as much concern with signal noise using a cheap DSP as you do with a cheap EQ.

maybe, but not in all circumstances. I put a "cheap" ppi dsp 88r in and it eliminated any noise I had with a previous cheap linedriver/eq (used the same wires). While the noise wasn't apparent in my mids and tweets causing an annoying hiss, it was definitely apparent in the sub amp(s) I used.

I tend to think a dsp with the overall increased price will have a better noise filtering circuit than a less expensive EQ. let's just say it depends.

I mean, I am not really interested for now as far as spound quality goes but not sure how much a basic eq would help.

Well. You could rta your system and see if a 6 band or 9 band eq will help you address problem areas. Generally, more control is always good but like they said. Its always a risk to add anything more to the signal line.

EQs are a great tool

if you dont have any obvious peaks or nulls i doubt you'll need it. your headunit may be able to do a good job of getting it pretty flat by itself

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.