EQS746 Help

Participant count
  • Participant list

NinjaBass

Low Bass Lover
North AL
I have a Clarion EQS746 and today I was re running my rca/speaker wires. When I was finished and had everything back together I turned my car on to make sure everything was working. I turned my music on and was getting no sound unless I turned my hu to the max and my eq to max vol. When I did this the only sound I could hear was bits and pieces of the music with a crackle sound, bu tthe crackle sound only came through when the music would. I took the rca cables out of my eq and plugged them into my hu which were ran straight to my amps and it worked fine, I checked my amps, and my wiring so I would think it would have to be my eq that has a problem. Any help would be great because I am out of ideas

more than likely it is your eq. i had one and didnt have a issue and so did a friend of mine but i have read that a few people had issues with theirs right out the box brand new. make sure you arent missing anything tomorrow when it is daylight again. but it is pretty safe to say that if it works with your hu then it is probably the eq. even if the amps couldnt accept the higher pre out voltage i dont think it would react like this. i may be wrong but i dont think so

Yeah I will look again tomorrow but I have had the EQ since about September and my amps haven't had a problem with it I just think it's strange that I can hear it a little at max vol so I can't help to think that I did something wrong

Well I finally got it fixed so if anyone comes across the same problem as I had I removed the case and moved the power, remote, and ground connector around a little where it is attached to the board and blew it out with a air can and it started working

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.