enough power?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Originally posted by samf03 I have a JBL 180x2 amp. i want to order two mtx 6000 15's. will i have enough power to push both of them? the only kind of ohms i could get was a 4ohm. so can i wire them together and bridge them and sound normal??? or should i just wire them seperate? need help asap
First I need to ask you a question to properly asnwer you. Are these dual voice coil or single? This will matter much in your wiring etc..... Your amp should do fine if you bridge it, but I would highly suggest planning on getting a higher power amp soon. The speaker's power rating if I am not mistaken is 300watts RMS which basically puts your amp bridged and gains to the max, capable of barely running one of them to its full potential. Post back with the info for the question above and you can be better helped from there.

Originally posted by samf03 the subs are single 4ohm voicecoil. and my amp is also 2 ohm stable, so if my amp can be bridged at 360 watts at 4 ohms what would it be at 2 ohms?
You missed the point there, but your amp when bridged will then be at a 2 ohm load. The 2ohm load will be when you have more power, but it will be very little power as opposed to what your subs will be craving. You will be better off with a bridged amp for a short while, but would eithe look into a different set of subs or a larger amp.

Originally posted by samf03 i thought you should only wire 8ohm subs together? which way should i wire them?
Not sure which person ever told you that, but no if you wire two 4ohm subs together properly you will come out with a 2ohm load and thus be able to drag more power out of your amp that will barely push them as is. :-D Wiring them together and on a single channel or one channel + and one -.......(dependant upon amp....insturction manual should have that much info)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.