Enough air Space?

Sketchup
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Iowa
Ok so at this point I am going to wall my 1998 toyota corolla. I have been there a couple ideas on what to put in it and I have set my sights on 2 dd 9518's. I am talking to the DD dealer and he thinks it will be too congested, and that 4 12's would be better or 2 15's. I am not sure what to think. I couldn't really find and specs online for rec cubes for each sub. ***Below is link to box design, it is 12.5 cubes @37hz

NEW218.jpg picture by Sketchup489 - Photobucket

what are you doing for power???
I probably do a M4a eventually for comps, most likely borrow a dc 5.0k for comps till I get the m4a. Otherwise for daily Ill run that memphis that you see in my sig

no idea lol, just worried about getting the stuff in my car, I just havent thought about any comps yet

well you should probably figure that out first.... my guess is that you just want to be really loud on music.... but if you are just shootin for numbers on the tl, tune high and put a ton of port on whatever you do.

well you should probably figure that out first.... my guess is that you just want to be really loud on music.... but if you are just shootin for numbers on the tl, tune high and put a ton of port on whatever you do.
Haha yeah the design is supposed to be kinda hybrid would you say, I'll use it lots more for daily but i know ill do some comps too

Haha yeah the design is supposed to be kinda hybrid would you say, I'll use it lots more for daily but i know ill do some comps too
well then you should go with a design that has a removable slot port or multiple aeros... thats what I did in the design for my wall....

Capture-2.png

that way if you design it with a removable port you can switch up the tuning and either giver you subs less space for burps and more power, or you can give them more space with less power and a lower tuning....

very cool, Ill have to look into it and such

I couldnt use the actual design because my car doesnt go the high //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Ok so at this point I am going to wall my 1998 toyota corolla. I have been there a couple ideas on what to put in it and I have set my sights on 2 dd 9518's. I am talking to the DD dealer and he thinks it will be too congested, and that 4 12's would be better or 2 15's. I am not sure what to think. I couldn't really find and specs online for rec cubes for each sub. ***Below is link to box design, it is 12.5 cubes @37hz
NEW218.jpg picture by Sketchup489 - Photobucket

2 18"s in a wall should be enough.... my fellow member has 2 lvl 4xl 18s in a wall in his honda civic

an american bass 500.1.... get this tho.... he runs it on a stock alt(90a) ,with 6 yellow top optima batts, and 8 runs of 0ga. lmfao...
**** lol that is pretty crazy, I'll most likely be doin close to that for comps

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.