Engine Whine

Z4CK
10+ year member

Houston
Hi everybody, I got my amp installed yesterday at Car Toy's and I noticed I had engine whine when driving around. I told them about it and they put filters on the RCA cables. I drove around and I still have it. He told me my amp was bad and that was the reason it was making noise. The noise gets worse with higher RPM. I have a MB Quart DSC 480, Kenwood x693, and knukonceptz wiring. I just want another opinion, is my amp bad or did they mess up the installation?

Thats was a bonus audible tachometer from your top notch installers at Car Toys...it was free gift.... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/present.gif.046205b11bb0957af93450bd4cc53e1b.gif
How can I fix it?

Lol Crx. You'll want to make sure your head units ground is directly to the chassis and not through the harness. You can also ground your rcas to the radio. Strips som wire and wrap it around your rcas then unscrew a screw on the radio and fasten the the wire between the screw and body of the radio. Also make sure they grounded your wires right, ie to a part of the cars chassis not a fender. Also make sure the sanded it and have it secure. Read around for more info or message me I guess. I'd write more but I'm on my phone and I'm tired.

Head unit is grounded well, I did it myself and they grounded the amp well as well. Do you really think I need to ground the RCA's? Also is there any truth that the amp is causing the problem or did they install it badly?

Horseshit. I've zip-tied my RCAs to my power wire in my last 3 installs without even a hint of noise. Grounding RCAs is a band-aid as well.
One of the components (amp or HU) isn't grounded as well as you think it is.
some amps are better then others with noise. and it does matter. i have taken out an fosgate with noise and replaced it with an alpine and no noise. RCA quality matters also.

and all because you have done that doesn't make it right.

if your battery doesn't filter the ac ripple it will send it through the power wire.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.