engine whine noise

Participant count
  • Participant list

badasscanada

major problem. Just cant figure it out.

I have a Kenwood KAC-846 4 channel amp running my Pheonix gold XS62 mids and two sets of alpine 1 inch Tweets. The Tweets are wired togeather to 2 channels and the mids to the other 2 channels.

Problem that i have is, Engine noise, also brake noise and heater blower noise. Basic right. Wrong.

I have changed out my RCA wires all 3 Sets to stinger, shorter length so as not to have to much exta, grounded amp seperatly( all pwr & - wires are 8g stinger all connecters are gold plated and soldierd). I have changed all speaker wires now all 14g stinger, reran wires to make sure that RCA, speaker, power, etc. are not touching any where.I have even put in a noise filter with no success.

Any other suggestions would be helpfull.

Also what is weird is noise stops when i change amps(i have no other 4Channel amp, so id like to keep using this one.

Ill explain my set up just incase it might help.

I drive a 99 gr/am (4 door)

Larger altinator then factory(to help keep it all boopin)

From battery i have 2 g wire running to Distribution block (approx 11 ft)

Ground is 2g to distribution block(approx. 3 ft, bolted to frame with paint removed)

Head unit is pioneer primier DEH-p840MP.Used a factory wiring harness adapter)

I have a 3 amp system

1st amp is a RF punch 300s it is connected to a 1 farad cap, which runs my Alpine type R 10s

2nd amp is a Alpine V-12 MRV-T707 that runs 2 alpine 8Inch subs

3rd amp is the problem amp a Kenwood Kac-846 runs mids and tweets

my remote turn on wire is run to a relay switch to run all amps

All speaker wire run through a older airline same as remote wire and RCA cables(seperate air line for all 3.)

Power wire is run down one side of car. Remote wire down other side and speakers down center, Rca cables down other side of center.

The whole interior floor is sprayed with truck box spray liner, and then all interioris sound dampined. My trunk has the same thing done to it.

All amps are in a rack, made of 1/2inch plywood.

Any and all suggestions would help out very much. As i am out of ideas.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif :banghead: //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.