engine sounds thru the sub

tim-mania
10+ year member

I have heard of this problem before, you can hear a high pitched whine through the sub that seems to be the sound of the engine, and it gets higher as you rev the engine higher, but with music on its not noticeable. People have told me that its from the amp. It's not a huge problem, its just annoying. Can it be fixed?

RICE IS WRONG

hi,

yeh my girlfriends moms car does that. ANNOYING HEY? i dont really know how to fix it but i know what ur problem is. its the way ur alternator is wired up! its got something 2 do with that!

be sure to wire ur amp correct. + to the + on ur amp and - to the body of ur car.

my a mechanic will know how to help u out. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

make sure your rca's are not by/running along any power source. also check your ground. make sure it tight and its a secure connection. (bare metal no rust/paint/fabric...) hope this helps!

Originally posted by SAVAGE SOUND make sure your rca's are not by/running along any power source.
THis could be the problem... Just run the rca's down one side of the car and the battery and remote downb the other side if it's not already and in the trunk make sure they are seperated

Hi,

It' could be your amp itself, tap all around the amp especially in the middle. Start lightly and work your way to a firm tap.......if you hear distinct changes in the noise (steady after the tap) then it probably is your circuit board inside the amp.

Or if you brought the amp to a lower impedence than it was designed for ( running two 4ohm subs on each channel bringing the total to 2ohms) than you probably damaged the power supply.........//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif

But what the hell do I know........I'm just a thread writer......//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

"FIND OUT FOR SURE"

hey chris...im going to go w/ you on this one.....but your going to have to try to be a little more descriptive for others.....most people dont know what you mean by muting.....the pic u had on the other threed....

Originally posted by taylor "its the way ur alternator is wired up!" quote- manta

uhh do you know what an alternator is.......
that kind of talk results for consulting mechanics ----------- about car stereos:crazy:

Well ignition noise we all have some. no simple way to shut it off completly but heres some things. make sure you have higher quality RCAs people are right, just any will work but not just any will sound good. see how high of a preamp you have on the head unit the lower the Voltage on it the more gain you turn it up the more noise you pick up. another thing is keeping the power and RCAs away from each othere. so i hope this helps good luck

Originally posted by jester73440 Well ignition noise we all have some. no simple way to shut it off completly but heres some things. make sure you have higher quality RCAs people are right, just any will work but not just any will sound good. see how high of a preamp you have on the head unit the lower the Voltage on it the more gain you turn it up the more noise you pick up. another thing is keeping the power and RCAs away from each othere. so i hope this helps good luck
lower voltage doesn't give you alternator whine
define "higher quality" RCAs ------- and why change them without knowing where the noise is coming from

why keep the RCAs away from the power wire?------don't say noise induction---- there isn't enough current to induct a noise that can be heard

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.