Question on wiriing 4 channel amps

Participant count
  • Participant list

Gauntlet
5,000+ posts

bulletproof
Ok, heres the deal, ive got a pair of Infinity Kappa 693.5i 6x9's in my rear deck, which have 110 RMS, and ive got a pair of infinity kappa 462.5cfp 4x6 faceplates in my doors, which have 60RMS. The impedance of both pairs of speakers is 4ohms. I plan on getting a JBL P80.4, which pushes 40x4 at 4 ohms, and 80x4 at 2 ohms. Is there anyway I can wire the 6x9s so theyre running at 2 ohms and get 80 watts per speaker, and wire the 4x6's so theyre running at 4 ohms and get 40 watts per speaker, or is this not possible? If it is, can somebody run down a wiring diagram for me?

Also, my HU has 3 4V preamp outputs, front rear and sub. Does it make a difference what output I use, since my amp is powering both the front and rear speakers?

Thanks a lot, your help is greatly appreciated.

Sorry but no it cannot be done with just the 4 speakers and the one 4 channle amp.. You could bridge the amp for the 6x9s and get a P80 for the front speakers without much more wiring but its your call.

Mike

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.