Engine shuts off when I come to a stop???

definatly sounds to be a vacum issue. unless your a mechanic which I highly doubt you are because you didnt know what the problem was in the first place, I would suggest you just bring it to a shop.

Problem happened in my car last week. I changed air filter cleaned of my maf sensor and it is workin now we will see for how long

I had a car that everytime I came to a stop sign it would die (or almost everytime). After taking it to the dealer we found out it was a sensor in the transmission that was screwed up..it was an automatic, but when that sensor went bad it stalled like a manual tranny would if you didn't press the clutch pedal at stops.

Problem happened in my car last week. I changed air filter cleaned of my maf sensor and it is workin now we will see for how long
another thing that works good to "clean" things out a bit is some stuff called "SeaFoam". Put a can in your gas tank and then get another half can and find a vacuum line from your throttle body (or where ever) and let it **** it up. It will smoke like h*ll for about 5 minutes depending how crudy your engine is.

Its good stuff.

if anyone hasn't heard of it do a google: SeaFoam

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Okay so now it seems the problem has gotten worse, the car is no longer really driveable, and the engine stalls almost immediately if I stop while driving. If I start it, and sit in neutral idling, I'm lucky if it stays on for more than a minute or two. Also I noticed while driving it it seemed kind of jumpy while accelerating, and I'm thinking now that it has something to do with the transmission/sensors.

I recently got the transmission rebuilt and have it under warranty, so hopefully thats what the problem is.

Thanks for trying to help guys, and I still wouldn't mind some extra input from anyone who has experience with stuff like this.

might be a fuel pressure issue, when you first turn the engine to the on position, not starting it, listen to the rear of your vehicle for a small whine, count how long that lasts before it stops, that is your fuel pump pressuring the line,

check under the hood for any vaccuum lines that may be busted/cracked or torn.

check online for vaccuum diagrams, if thats the prob, its an easy fix. shouldn't take too long to find leaks either.

or got gas //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif?

Its going to be really hard to tell you what the problem is over the internet. Look for a local friend who knows cars.

might be a fuel pressure issue, when you first turn the engine to the on position, not starting it, listen to the rear of your vehicle for a small whine, count how long that lasts before it stops, that is your fuel pump pressuring the line,
check under the hood for any vaccuum lines that may be busted/cracked or torn.

check online for vaccuum diagrams, if thats the prob, its an easy fix. shouldn't take too long to find leaks either.
I checked for the whine and I hear it for at least 5-10 seconds im not sure though, but also I can still sit there and rev the engine all day long, it only has this problem when its sitting at idle (although it did have a few rough spots today while accelerating/cruising), but overall its fine as long as I keep revving it.

I tried looking at all the hoses I could see and couldn't find any leaks but I'm sure i could be missing something, it just seems wierd to me that everything works at least 95% fine as long as its not idling

And whatever it is it seems like its getting progressively worse, as the first time it stalled, it took another half hour of driving to do it again, the next time was within 5 minutes of that, then it started doing it at almost every stoplight, and now I just had to start it 7 or 8 times to get it into the garage (to move it about 30 feet).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.