Engine Noise/Whine from Pioneer Head Unit

jadyn123
10+ year member

Arizona
Installed a Pioneer head unit a week ago. Has been working fine until yesterday when I started the car it made a loud noise. Later when diagnosing the problem I realized the whine varies by engine rpm. I tried different grounds and grounding the rcas. I dot believe I grounded them right however, because it didn't play music loud at all after I did so. I may try again later.

Anyways, the deck makes engine whine with the engine on and a weird popping sounds with it off.

Any ideas what it could be?

Why would it start having this problem after working fine for a week?

Thanks!

Purchased a new RCA cable and it didn't help.

Perhaps I'll try requiring the entire thing, I used the pervious owners wiring.

Should I ground the ground wire from the harness directly to the head unit and then run another wire from the head unit to the chassis/body?

Pioneer is infamous for this problem, I believe it is the pico fuse that blows and causes the noise to come thru. their is a way to solder a resistor in its place to fix the problem, i have seen a few posts online showing the process. i found it easier to just ground the rca's; the most effective way being to ground them to the unit itself. When i grounded the rca's straight to the chasis i still had some noise come thru. I have seen this problem in a number of units and this always solves it.

like mylows said above ground the rca's on the HU. U blew the pico fuse either do that or toss the unit. If u say u already did this plus tried new rca's then well its toss time

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.