Head unit install issues

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jaxsz

I purchased a Pioneer 4300DVD head unit and the appropricate PAC C2R-CHY4 harness that goes with it. I'm pretty positive I wired everything together correctly, but when I hook the harness up the unit refuses to turn off.

When the car is off and I open the door, it stays on. Never turns off.

When I hook the original harness back up to the factory radio, it powers down as it should when the car is turned off.

The 12v accessory wire is hooked to the other 12v accessory wire. The instructions say that it should be that way and that it should only provide power when the vehicle is in accessory or ignition mode, but it's clearly not happening that way?

I've googled this **** for hours and I can't figure it out

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

Pull the head unit out, and at the harness use a test light to check 12v, ground, and Accessory. If all three are good, you have probably...
Youll need a Honda Civic reverse radio wiring harness and 20 toyota radio wiring harness ...match colors of wires and shes ready to go...
Installing a Jensen CAR710W head unit in my sons 2013 Volkswagen Golf. No steering wheel controls. I purchased the XSVI-9003-NAV wiring harness...
It would also be easy to add an equalizer to have individual rca inputs for all of the channels. A decent one can be had for less than $40...
One or two, they are still subwoofer outs and are mono summed signals from both left and right. Even the 2 RCA subwoofer pre-outs on the 2nd one...

About this thread

Jaxsz

Jaxsz
San Diego, CA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Jaxsz