Engine noise problem

Participant count
  • Participant list
Thats all BS! its a ground issue, ground HU straight to battery and call it a day
He said the head unit was not even connected to the speakers, didn't he?
"I removed the subwoofers, RCA's, and amplifiers. Door speakers and the wiring where still in"
"How could the engine noise still be present with the speakers not hooked up to anything?"

That sure reads like the speakers were "not hooked up to anything".
I guess we could consider that he thinks a speaker connected to an HU is actually "not hooked up to anything"?
If so, an install may be way beyond his skill set...

What say you, Dafaseless?

He said the head unit was not even connected to the speakers, didn't he?
"I removed the subwoofers, RCA's, and amplifiers. Door speakers and the wiring where still in"
"How could the engine noise still be present with the speakers not hooked up to anything?"

That sure reads like the speakers were "not hooked up to anything".
I guess we could consider that he thinks a speaker connected to an HU is actually "not hooked up to anything"?
If so, an install may be way beyond his skill set...

What say you, Dafaseless?
Yes, I disconnected the speaker wire from the amplifiers, nothing as far as sound wise was hooked up to the head unit. The speaker wire was still connected to the speakers and the passive crossover for the components up front. Speaker wire still laying in the truck, underneath the back seat

So you have speakers that are hooked to nothing but the crossovers, and you are getting noise?
Looks like we are back to that whole inductance thing...

So you have speakers that are hooked to nothing but the crossovers, and you are getting noise?
Looks like we are back to that whole inductance thing...
Yep, seems like the culprit.
Thank you guys!
The grounds will be different and doubled if not tripled. The ground cable will be upgraded. The speakers will be active. So if it's still present, I'm going to assume it's coming from the head unit. Cut the wire, extend it, and find a new spot.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...