engine noise after installing HU

DJ Eric P.
10+ year member

I just installed a Pioneer DEH8400MP. I have a '03 GMC Sierra and replaced the stock HU. On the stock HU I ad two inline output converters with an amp hooked up and there was no engine noise. After installing the Pioneer the engine noise is pretty loud. Any suggestions/advice on what to do/check would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Eric

reground the HU to something solid, right now you are most likely grounding through the entire cd player to the din mounting sleeve.
You are right, I was figuring it would be the HU ground but wasn't sure. I'll re ground it in a couple of hours and let you know what happens.

Thanks,

Eric

I have them going from the HU down through the back of the glove compartment, then under the floor through the pass seat, then it goes to the side door sill to the back of the ext cab.

hmm never had any problems with engine noise running the RCAs in the same place you have run them, but is your Power wire on the oppisite side? could be a bad RCA too, but just try the easy stuff first like a better ground on the deck, or run a wire from the chassis of the deck to the - side of the amp to see if that makes the noise go away

I actually had the same problem with alt wine. The ground trace in the preamp on the HU went out. Usually it's from disconnecting and reconnecting RCAs whiel you're installing it. I might of got it from that. Also, my rca plugs are all metal on the outside I have a feeling they rubbed up against with the computer or cigarette lighter when I was installing them. That might have blown the ground trace. Either way it *****!

Well, I foud something else that was interesting. When the HU is turned off I can still hear the enginge noise so it's gotta be something else other than the HU grounding right?

are you running a 4 channel amp? if you are make sure all ground from amps including hu is at the same point to eliminate any ground loop. if that doesnt fix the problem then ground it at the battery. and make sure all signal cables are away from power wires

are you running a 4 channel amp? if you are make sure all ground from amps including hu is at the same point to eliminate any ground loop. if that doesnt fix the problem then ground it at the battery. and make sure all signal cables are away from power wires
*hits self in the head with large wooden spoon* now that makes some ****ing sense.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.