Enclosure Specifications for AB XFL 12's?

Participant count
  • Participant list
anywhere from 1.75 - 2.5cf depending on power and listening habits

I have mine in a 2.25cf enclosure tuned to 32hz, straight smashing 26hz on a CT Sounds 1400.1 (Around 1800 watts rms), and the subs never gets hot, bottoms out, or anything. XFL's really are some bad *** subs man

anywhere from 1.75 - 2.5cf depending on power and listening habits
I have mine in a 2.25cf enclosure tuned to 32hz, straight smashing 26hz on a CT Sounds 1400.1 (Around 1800 watts rms), and the subs never gets hot, bottoms out, or anything. XFL's really are some bad *** subs man
I agree had mine in 2cubes at 32 hz on a kicker kx2500.1 and I would be straight brutal from 28-60hz.

I'll have to put them in a sealed box unless I can figure out a way to build a 5 cube box that's less than 13.5" tall x 36" wide that I can slide into the trunk through the back seat. I just finished a 4.3 cube box tuned to 32 he that I can't get into my trunk! Doh!! It was good practice for the next box.

You should be able to get 4 cubes after port and displacement with your measurements. That all you need for a pair if xfl 12s
Excellent! If I build a new box that's 13.5 x 36 x 36 where would the port go and how would it look to tune it to 32 hz? The only reason I was able to build the last box is because I found the schematics on the r/t site. I really have no idea what I'm doing =)

Maybe I could do an Aeroport? I believe I might be able to make a smaller box and use one of those? I'm not really sure if that's the way to go or not but it's an option I think?

Excellent! If I build a new box that's 13.5 x 36 x 36 where would the port go and how would it look to tune it to 32 hz? The only reason I was able to build the last box is because I found the schematics on the r/t site. I really have no idea what I'm doing =)
I have box specs on my note pad subs back port back

I have box specs on my note pad subs back port back
Does this mean you just wrote it out on a sheet of paper? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif Or is there a link to this box online somewhere I should check out?

I'm old school. It's at home in my box design pad. Yes on a piece of paper
OK, I gotcha. Well, when you get home would you be so kind as to post some measurements here??? I've been browsing through Google for similar boxes and came across this thread in which a guy wrote...

" 13.5"H x 36"W x 24"D, from 3/4" MDF, this will put you at 5.391^3ft gross. Build a single slot port, 12" x 4" x 19.5"Long tuned at 35Hz. After displacement you will be at appx. 4.533^3ft net vol."

Now that may be a bit on the large side but after sub displacement it might be perfect for those 2 subs. I'm not sure if the above measurements are including the slot port or if it's the 5.391^ft before the port? I'm also curious if he's just talking about one single baffle that's 12" tall x 19.5" that is 4" from the side of the box?

If these measurements are close to what the AB XFL 12's need then I like the idea of having only a 24" deep box, I may get some trunk space after all //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif However I'm not sure how to tune it to 32 hz instead of the 35 hz he has in his design.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.