Enclosure size for kick panels

Big Dee
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Ohio
I am probably going to use some Rainbow SLC 265's.

What is the best size for these in a sealed kick panel?

Also, why am I reading about people aiming their kicks at the opposite window for best imaging?

Wouldn't aiming them at your head be the best solution?

Thanks for helping the newbie.

What kind of car do you drive ? Check out the kick area and see if there are any kind of vents into the frame rails in the kick area . If there are , I would vent the kicks into the frame rails instead of sealing them. Sealing them in to small of an enclosure can hinder mid and mid bass response dramatically.

Sometimes aiming at your head ( on axis ) can produce good results . Sometimes not . When you mount your baffles to the floor molds , use the metal radio back straps . These bend quite easily , and will allow you to reposition your baffles until you get the sound you desire . //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Whole bunch of chit will change the sound stage , some in a good way , some bad . Just a matter of experimenting and finding the middle ground . A car is far from the ideal listening environment to start with //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I have a '94 Integra. I think I can vent into the frame rail, I'll look tommorow and see.

Thankd ramos you've helped by a lot already.

i have the same car and considered doing that. but i dont think there is sufficient leg room down there to opt for kick pods. at least with me because im pretty short so i sit pretty close. i think i would block the sound on the left side at least.. and if i had a passenger on the right side i think the same would happen. keep this thread updated big dee as i would like to know how it goes. good luck in your conquest in solving my problem.DO IT.

i have the same car and considered doing that. but i dont think there is sufficient leg room down there to opt for kick pods. at least with me because im pretty short so i sit pretty close. i think i would block the sound on the left side at least.. and if i had a passenger on the right side i think the same would happen. keep this thread updated big dee as i would like to know how it goes. good luck in your conquest in solving my problem.DO IT.

If leg room is a problem , and you have the ability to go active . Dome mids could be an option for you . Most are sealed back and don't require enclosures. You will need mid bass in the doors that can run up to 300-400hz though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

when aiming speakers things become very dependent. your dash ..your interior heck even the dispersion of the speakers you use. ask squeak9798 we had to aim his and where it did the best was nowhere near really any "starting point" people say to use. also the lowwer the frequancy you can get your fronts to actually play at the better off you will be....

So when you gonna put the batteries down and come to the east coast ? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

i put them down months ago lol i dont work there (kinetik) anymore i just know about product i didnt leave on bad terms at all i just hate toledo lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.