enclosure help!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Nutdawg651

CarAudio.com Elite
so someone gave me these plans for 2 15 inch cvrs and i wanted to double check to see if it looks good

7.55 cubic feet net, tuned to 31.4 Hz with 112 square inches of port area.

36.5 wide, 36 deep and 15.5 tall. The cut list is as follows:

Top/bottom: 36.5 x 36

Front and back: 36.5 x 14

Left side: 25.75 x 14

Right side: 34.5 x 14

Port: 27.75 x 14

The 45's in the corners are 5" pieces.

The cutouts are 13 7/8" for your subs,

they're spaced where they are so both are equal distance from the port opening for optimum compression.

Port is 8 wide by the height of the enclosure internally, 14",

for a total of 112 square inches of port area tuned to 31.4 Hz. Should be very loud, low and efficient

That's too much port area for those subs. Even if they're the newer ones, the xmax is only 12.5mm. But, they do need a crap load of volume in order to perform in a ported box so that's all good.

I'd do 75-80in² of port area.

That was my knee jerk reaction at first as well. Probably not a beastly motor, nor huge excursion, so a smaller port may not.be needed per say, but it would save some space without hurting your SPL.

That was my knee jerk reaction at first as well. Probably not a beastly motor, nor huge excursion, so a smaller port may not.be needed per say, but it would save some space without hurting your SPL.
Ok so I went to build this box and it was too talk by .5 inch i talked to the guy who designed it and he said shorten the height by cutting the pieces to 13" instead of 14 and it should bring the box height to 14.5 then it will fit, he also said it should take off 1 cubic ft and tuning should be around the same would this be true also I'm adding 2 , 2x2 wooden dowels from side to side and one from top to bitten and I'll be using power bass 3x1 15d1 subs instead would this be ok?

---------- Post added at 01:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 PM ----------

That's too much port area for those subs. Even if they're the newer ones, the xmax is only 12.5mm. But, they do need a crap load of volume in order to perform in a ported box so that's all good.
I'd do 75-80in² of port area.
Ok so I went to build this box and it was too talk by .5 inch i talked to the guy who designed it and he said shorten the height by cutting the pieces to 13" instead of 14 and it should bring the box height to 14.5 then it will fit, he also said it should take off 1 cubic ft and tuning should be around the same would this be true also I'm adding 2 , 2x2 wooden dowels from side to side and one from top to bitten and I'll be using power bass 3x1 15d1 subs instead would this be ok?

With the PB subs, don't decrease port area.

But no, making the box smaller and not changing port length will not keep the tuning the same, it will raise the tuning.

Sorry man, my shop is open on Saturday too. ;-)

You have 8.95 cubes so 6 cubes net should be no problem.

For a tuning of 31 Hz you'll need a 3x13x6 5/8" port and the box needs to be 34.5x13x25 internal. ;-)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.