enclosure for 8's in door

Participant count
  • Participant list

mdillon
10+ year member

ummm......what?
visalia
like the title says, i want better imaging but i need some ideas on how to start chopping my door panels. i want my drivers in the same position but angled toward me for better imaging. i like my leg room so i am opting out of kick panels.

heres some pics of the panels: they fit 6-1/2's in stock location. i currently hae 8's there now.

IMG_0194.jpg

IMG_0195.jpg

any help would be appreciated.

cut out the whole section around the panel line (the groove i outlined in green)

place your MDF ring as far to the bottom corner of the door as possible and aim for imaging and then stretch your fleece and get to glassing

cut out the whole section around the panel line (the groove i outlined in green)
place your MDF ring as far to the bottom corner of the door as possible and aim for imaging and then stretch your fleece and get to glassing
i was thinkin the same thing but just cutting the square grill out and glassing that section. do you think i will have enough air space for a 8"?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.