enclosure designs?

Participant count
  • Participant list

nemesismachine
10+ year member

im looking for a custom enclosure for my 93 civic. I want 2 12" MMATS juggernauts in the spare tire well, but im not sure if theres enough space in there for em to fire. has anyone any suggestions? i like the look of the subs in there, and with my amps on the sides of the trunk i still have plenty of trunk space.

Once you get the volume of the tire well go from there.

It would be cool if you build the well up in the center and put the subs on top. Take the sides and flush mount your amps. Or amps flush mounted at the rear of the car and the subs going across.

Make sure you sound deaden the well. I used 3-4 layers on mine and then foam padding.

Ideas:http://gallery.caraudio.com/pp/showgallery.php?thumb=1&stype=2&si=Trixter&cat=500&perpage=12&sort=1&ppuser=2073

i dont like the idea of covering the spare well. I still need trunk space, without sacrificing sub space. there are a few civics and such that have 2 12s in there, and the amps/crossovers/caps on the sides, and they can be covered up to hide em and not damage the components. Plus, the spare is still accessible if i get a flat. have you seen any of those? if you have, do you know ehere i can get designs for it?

if not, ill get a shop to do it, even though i dont want to.....

I have never seen that before. With every sparetire well enclosure I have built. The first step has always been to remove the spare tire. How do they achieve enough airspace in the tirewell without removing the spare ? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

92civic_finish01.jpg

See they had to move the spare tire :p //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

92civic_subbox02.jpg

They covered the tire well with the baffle. That's what I think Trixter was suggesting. But you don't have to invert the subs if you don't want to. It's just a little flashier if the subs had cool looking baskets and you inverted them. You want your trunk space so just mount them regularly. It still looks pretty cool. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

EDIT - I hate geocities. Right click the red X and click show picture.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.